Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2015, 02:39 PM   #101
Skoolie

This looks interesting and only $3250
https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/rvs/5326565637.html

carneiro1292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #102
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: 8.3L Cummins Turbo
Rated Cap: 80
I'm in Austin, TX. There's a bus farm on the way to San Antonio...
drew78634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #103
Bus Crazy

Year: 1995
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Someone looking to steal a Crown?: https://yuma.craigslist.org/cto/5354430436.html
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #104
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
Anybody found anything reasonable in or close to texas? Ive been looking for a month or so with no luck
What part of Texas? Down hear in South Central, it's really hard to find buses. On the west side of San Antonio there is a wholesaler who buys all the buses from the region, and sells them to people from Mexico. Not bad prices, but a jerk when it comes to getting information about his buses. Better luck finding private sellers then a bus at action.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #105
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew78634 View Post
I'm in Austin, TX. There's a bus farm on the way to San Antonio...
Where at? I've been up and down the I35 corridor and parallel highways in the area. I just know of the one on I35 south of San Antonio near Pearsall.

Here is the craigslist add for the place:
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/5347660007.html
Old 12-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #106
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Chassis: GMC blue bird
Engine: 350 chevy
I was just checking craigslist here in Colorado and found these interesting.

enjoy !

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5351139402.html
cool double decker bus..

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5353680653.html
cool old hot rod bus...

https://boulder.craigslist.org/rvs/5351224454.html
nice short bus...

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5334882408.html
1947 chevy short bus
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:00 PM   #107
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Someone looking to steal a Crown?: https://yuma.craigslist.org/cto/5354430436.html
No title.... hasn't moved in 5 years.

translation:
tires will need replacement (no tire likes to sit for 5 years)
it will probably require a bonded title and 10 gallons of trusting the seller that he owns it and has the right to sell it.

It mentions a detroit engine.... I thought Crown used Cummins pancakes exclusively? I didn't realize detroit made a horizonatally opposed engine. Any crown experts out there to comment?
Bus #3- 1985 Auwerter (Neoplan) Cityliner N116/2 Motorhome
See "My garage" in profile for past vehicles and pictures.
My bus blog: https://www.autobus.us
Hotpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:12 PM   #108
Bus Crazy

Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotpuppy View Post
I didn't realize detroit made a horizonatally opposed engine. Any crown experts out there to comment?

Not a Crown expert but DD did make a horizontal 6-71. None are horizontally opposed though.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:34 AM   #109

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:

translation:
it will probably require a bonded title and 10 gallons of trusting the seller that he owns it and has the right to sell it.

It mentions a detroit engine.... I thought Crown used Cummins pancakes exclusively? I didn't realize detroit made a horizonatally opposed engine. Any crown experts out there to comment?
I've seen Crowns with Detroits but I have never seen an Alllison 740 that was a manual.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:37 AM   #110

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies.Contingency View Post
Where at? I've been up and down the I35 corridor and parallel highways in the area. I just know of the one on I35 south of San Antonio near Pearsall.

Here is the craigslist add for the place:
70 plus Buses / Bus for Sale

Quote:
I regret to say that I can not address issues such as:

If I apply a price reduction.
If I buy 10 plus, what is the best price on one.
How to import the unit?
How much did I pay for the bus?
Where do I buy the buses?
If the sale price is in Mexican pesos.
How much do I earn by selling the unit?
If I finance.
How much to get the bus into Mexico?
Can you please take umpteen photos and send them to my phone.
Since I survived KATRINA can I have one for free.

I know how he feels.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #111
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
I know how he feels.
I about rolled over laughing when I read the last line too. The sad part is, he must've been asked that enough times to have posted that.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:16 PM   #112
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:

translation:

Something smells about this one..... I won't lie, I'm interested in an old Crown bus.... but I found the exact same text on another website....
1976 Crown Coach School Bus 2314 - School Buses, Antique Buses - Buses for Sale

same mileage, same text. I did email the seller and ask for interior pictures and history along with an explanation of why the title is missing. He replied saying he was in Scottsdale but would send something tomorrow or Wednesday.

The phone number Googles to nearby California, trailer park.

I dug around in Google maps and can't find this bus in Yuma. Foothills is a specific neighborhood and this would stand out like a sore thumb. There aren't very many chain link fences there.... and none had a bus on them that I could see. This is big enough to show on satellite or streetview.

Sadly, hunting for a conversion candidate requires you to be a really good detective.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #113
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:

translation:

I did some digging on this bus.....

found the exact, word for word listing on another site as what is in the craigslist ad. I tried to post the link, but it got flagged for moderator review.

I emailed asking for an explanation on the missing title and some interior pictures. We'll see if I get anything. I got a short, but polite response this afternoon.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:26 AM   #114
Bus Crazy

Well, I took up the challenge and wasted some time poking around Foothills in Google Earth. The fence model matches the "Park and Sell" lot along I-8, but the trees in the photos are not present there.

My guess is, someone put the bus into storage, and John B isn't getting his rent, so is selling it off to cut his losses. The "fair conditon" and running when parked is probably true. The rest of the description matches the 'sold' yellow bus in the other link that really has the twin screws mentioned. It took me a while to notice the one in Yuma has only two axles. DOH!

I'm guessing John lifted the text from the other ad because he didn't know how to describe what was abandoned to him. And the phone exchange is for cell phones, I know several people that keep their numbers when they move out of state since nationwide calling is pretty much standard.

HOWEVER, all three pictures were taken from outside the fence. It might have been less hassle than going inside, or it might be a better overall view from a few feet back that the fence prevented. It instead might be that John wants to make a fast $500 on some photos and some purloined language, and then disappear.

Keep us posted.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:18 PM   #115
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear View Post
Well, I took up the challenge and wasted some time poking around Foothills in Google Earth. The fence model matches the "Park and Sell" lot along I-8, but the trees in the photos are not present there.

My guess is, someone put the bus into storage, and John B isn't getting his rent, so is selling it off to cut his losses. The "fair conditon" and running when parked is probably true. The rest of the description matches the 'sold' yellow bus in the other link that really has the twin screws mentioned. It took me a while to notice the one in Yuma has only two axles. DOH!

I'm guessing John lifted the text from the other ad because he didn't know how to describe what was abandoned to him. And the phone exchange is for cell phones, I know several people that keep their numbers when they move out of state since nationwide calling is pretty much standard.

HOWEVER, all three pictures were taken from outside the fence. It might have been less hassle than going inside, or it might be a better overall view from a few feet back that the fence prevented. It instead might be that John wants to make a fast $500 on some photos and some purloined language, and then disappear.

Keep us posted.
I checked that location.... not a barb wire fence. I searched for that livery as well, it's an unusual livery. No dice. Looks like a California license plate in the 2nd photo.

We'll see if anything comes back.

In the meanwhile, there is a SuperCoach in Tulsa... asking $5K.

26' Chance Bus / Motor Home / Toy Hauler

It's one of several buses, the others are junked out..... I don't think it's worth 5K. I may email and see if I can get some more pictures. I also would prefer a 2 axle as it should be 36 feet which is a little easier for my parking location then 40 feet / 3 axle.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:19 PM   #116
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear View Post

Keep us posted.
Vanished from CL and never did hear back from the seller. No telling.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #117
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
I checked that location.... not a barb wire fence. I searched for that livery as well, it's an unusual livery. No dice. Looks like a California license plate in the 2nd photo.

We'll see if anything comes back.

In the meanwhile, there is a SuperCoach in Tulsa... asking $5K.

26' Chance Bus / Motor Home / Toy Hauler

It's one of several buses, the others are junked out..... I don't think it's worth 5K. I may email and see if I can get some more pictures. I also would prefer a 2 axle as it should be 36 feet which is a little easier for my parking location then 40 feet / 3 axle.
per seller: Bus originally from Los Angeles. Still titled in California. Drove 3K miles and then parked 3 years ago. Seller was going to do something strange to it involving a jet engine and shows...but never got around to it. lol. Anyhow, it's sat for 3 years. No seats inside. Seller claims to have a 501c3 and basically appears to be skipping title/taxes. He is a legit person from what I can find, but his title scheme made me nervous. Texas in particular is nasty about a transaction where it's not a dealer and they are skipping re-titling. He wants to sell with an open title and bill of sale. It might work, but from Texas' perspective a Bill of Sale is toilet paper. You need a signed title and a DPS form 172 application for title. If the bus is coming from out of state you also need a inspection, VIN verification, and weight ticket.

It's a Crown and they are rare, but I don't want a 3 axle or a 40 foot bus. Not the bus for me.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:21 AM   #118
Mini-Skoolie

1967 ford school bus bus conversion

1971 school bus conversion bus converted to rv

1995 International 3800 Converted School Bus 1995 International 3800 Converted School Bus

1991 bluebird Custom built camper (school bus conversion)

91 International Harvester School Bus Sweet School Bus Conversion
Underground_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #119
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
Not sure if this URL will cut-n-paste properly:
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...=1&acctid=8295
If not, govdeals.com -> Buses -> search on the key word 'internet' for a bookmobile that also offers internet access.

Old, beat up, rusty. Somebody should buy it for parts, part it out so I can buy one or both of those doors, then build a toy hauler on the chassis and sell it for 10x what you paid. It ain't me. - Dan
Someone paid $2900 for that rusty hulk

Looks like they parked the thing in a salt mine for the last 14 years. Seriously, I've seen Midwest buses twice as old as that one with half the rust.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:40 PM   #120
Mini-Skoolie

1997 Bluebird School Bus Caterpillar Diesel Allison Transmission https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5365956453.html
Underground_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote