Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 10:00 AM   #41
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
TRUTH!

Man, I couldn't agree more. A guy I work for owns a tiny house building company. I've been to their sales demo's and the crowd are LAME!

You really can't buy a lifestyle, and you really can't buy being cool!!!! lol man you're great with words.
Bravo!
Thanks

Although I'm sure my opinion will rub some the wrong way.

You'll have that......

CH777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #42
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 44 or 66? 11 rows
>You can't buy a lifestyle or buy being cool.......

Just as well: if one could, I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Lucky I'm so cool already.
Dapplecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:48 AM   #43
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapplecreek View Post
>You can't buy a lifestyle or buy being cool.......

Just as well: if one could, I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Lucky I'm so cool already.
Hell yeah!

Me either!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #44
Bus Geek

Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH777 View Post
Thanks

You'll have that......
I agreed with you.

The problem with the Tiny House movement was that the West Coast folk with more money than sense adopted it. Not helped by HGTV who are only interested in high-dollar builds.

What is happening is that the movement is spreading to people of more modest means, and it's growing very fast. Better, and cheaper suppliers will enter the market when there is sufficient demand.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #45
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH777 View Post

The so-called "tiny house" fad is ruining the good old fashioned school bus camper hobby like Willie-G ruined the motorcycle culture.

It's all about media brainwashed zombie's attempting to adopt yet another object to use as a display of how cool they try, in vain, to be.

You can't buy a lifestyle or buy being cool........attempting to, only turns it into a plastic mockery of the genuine article.

And YES..... some people do profit off of catering to this mindless faddish behavior. (which is behind what invents and fuels it)

Can't wait until the tiny home fad goes the way Harley is now going...........DEAD!.........and lots of cheap buses everywhere for the taking once again with the added attraction of all the "customs" cast aside.

P.S..... I use to wear a shirt in the 90's while riding my Shovel that read - "Die Yuppie Scum"........I'll have get the updated version that reads -- "Die Hipster Scum".
The local leather shop I get my gear from has a patch that reads "f*** off hipster" ....

Close enough?
Whatthefak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #46
Bus Nut

Chassis: GMC or Chevrolet, I hope
Engine: gasser probably
Enough !

I'll buy that bus and turn it into a cute tiny house and then make youtube videos on it. And i'll make sure to include a picture of a girls butt so i get more clicks from all of you.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #47
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by oricha1984 View Post
I'll buy that bus and turn it into a cute tiny house and then make youtube videos on it. And i'll make sure to include a picture of a girls butt so i get more clicks from all of you.
Save yourself the time & money & just show the girls butt & I'll click it.
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #48
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatthefak View Post
The local leather shop I get my gear from has a patch that reads "f*** off hipster" ....

Close enough?

not really...I'd much rather see them take the "permanent solution" .... than just f**k off.....

BTW--- https://www.amazon.com/Cartel-Ink-Me...r+Scum+t-shirt
Old 05-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #49
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I still dont understand whats wrong with the tiny house "fad" or "style" you call it.. other than perhaps you are sore because you cant buy a cheap bus...

the days of cheap easy to work on busses are over.. either learn the electronics and emissions systems or pay dearly for a coveted mechanical / pre 08 bus.. schools are also starting to hang onto them longer if they can as well .. school systems are growing and their budgets are not.. budget increases go to buildings, teachers, drug rehab, "babysitting" the kids.. some schools are dropping transportation programs for all but the special needs.. its getting more and more common for high school to completely drop busses...

fad, styles, trends, etc are what make up many of the things that last throughout history. the internet was once a "fad" too.. we are still on it.. SUV's were once a "fad" too.. think 1970s when it became "cool" to have a big scout or blazer or bronco .. people asre still driving SUV's to the point that ford and GM are talking about nearly dropping sedans in the USA..

Leisure vans and carpeted "camper" vans were a fad too.. one that ultimately led to the idea of converting school busses more and more..

Hipsters are simply "different".. evidently Diversity escapes many here??? even though the skoolie community was born out of diversity in first place...

-Christopher
aka the "Gay Techno-Nerd Bus-Geek [probably part hipster]"... yeah diversity matters
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #50
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
Oh yeah' out here in LA we had "Tony B" This totally roided out polo shirt wearing sleazeball for Fullerton Dodge. Selling those fan conversions .
Think Cal Worthington with no class and a bad haircut.
Pretty funny in retrospect
Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #51
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
"Leisure vans and carpeted "camper" vans were a fad too."

And here is the forgtten quote
Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:00 PM   #52
Bus Nut

i SAY THIS:
Lets just build a wall and MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT !!!
That will solve the tiny house situation
Attached Thumbnails
wall.jpg  
Old 05-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #53
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
I agreed with you.

The problem with the Tiny House movement was that the West Coast folk with more money than sense adopted it. Not helped by HGTV who are only interested in high-dollar builds.

What is happening is that the movement is spreading to people of more modest means, and it's growing very fast. Better, and cheaper suppliers will enter the market when there is sufficient demand.
The supply of decent buses will only last so long...
These will be like air-cooled VeeDubs one day. That I'm sure of.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #54
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by oricha1984 View Post
Most YT builds are just cringe-fests!!
Old 05-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #55
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
The supply of decent buses will only last so long...
These will be like air-cooled VeeDubs one day. That I'm sure of.
Like my grandpa has said for years, "they don't build stuff like they used to"

We live in a disposable society, things are not designed to last as long as possible anymore
Whatthefak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:38 PM   #56
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatthefak View Post
Like my grandpa has said for years, "they don't build stuff like they used to"

We live in a disposable society, things are not designed to last as long as possible anymore
And old, serviceable classics are appreciating in value.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:03 PM   #57
Bus Crazy

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Quote:
And old, serviceable classics are appreciating in value.
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #58
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I still dont understand whats wrong with the tiny house "fad" or "style" you call it.. other than perhaps you are sore because you cant buy a cheap bus...

the days of cheap easy to work on busses are over.. either learn the electronics and emissions systems or pay dearly for a coveted mechanical / pre 08 bus.. schools are also starting to hang onto them longer if they can as well .. school systems are growing and their budgets are not.. budget increases go to buildings, teachers, drug rehab, "babysitting" the kids.. some schools are dropping transportation programs for all but the special needs.. its getting more and more common for high school to completely drop busses...

fad, styles, trends, etc are what make up many of the things that last throughout history. the internet was once a "fad" too.. we are still on it.. SUV's were once a "fad" too.. think 1970s when it became "cool" to have a big scout or blazer or bronco .. people are still driving SUV's to the point that ford and GM are talking about nearly dropping sedans in the USA..

Leisure vans and carpeted "camper" vans were a fad too.. one that ultimately led to the idea of converting school busses more and more..

Hipsters are simply "different".. evidently Diversity escapes many here??? even though the skoolie community was born out of diversity in first place...

-Christopher
aka the "Gay Techno-Nerd Bus-Geek [probably part hipster]"... yeah diversity matters

Like I said...........
----Originally Posted by CH777
Thanks

You'll have that...... ---------------end of quote

I am always amused how people who know nothing about you imagine and invent what they wish to believe about you and make it a fact in their own minds in order to perpetuate the delusions they need to remain in denial of reality.

Btw......for the record.... I can afford whatever I wish......... built many things.......can repair and work on anything I wish to spend my time on. Never pay anyone to do anything for me. YES.... I am one of those guys.

More facts--------

Leisure vans where the "FAD" version of the carpeted hippie vans. We had school buses made into camper long before that.

SUV's are the "FAD" version of the 4x4. I still own a square body Chevy with a lift, roll bar, 450hp SB engine I built myself. I actually need 4x4's to go off road....actually go off road......unlike the folks posing in a 4x4 to go to the store.

I have a newer Z71 also... because I actually need a truck... I actually use it like a truck.... I actually haul such things as firewood, lumber, gravel, sand, pull boats...etc.etc.... My 4x4's and trucks are not a fashion statement.

OH, and by the way..... "cross overs" which is a more car-like suv are the new "hipster mania"...old folks like em too. They can pretend in a less scary way to have this rugged off road machine they really have no need for.

MYSELF????....I never follow fads.......... fads are for those with no imagination that wish to copy what they see "WHEN it's deemed socially acceptable". These same folks use to look down upon or were scared of what they now attempt to buy into.

The stupidity and shallowness of this offers unending amusement for me.

And certain folks capitalize on this lack of imagination and ignorance and reap lots of money doing so. I find that pretty amusing too.

When something becomes a fad.....it is most times ruined by it......not improved by it.

The world is plumb full of clueless posers. It's a plastic fantastic world for far too many these days. SAD!

Being a copy cat and being a plastic poser is not diversity.......... it's not artistic, imaginative or anything other than being a mindless sheep following the ad man who shepherds them.

"Hipsters" ain't hip....they are clueless folks posing as hip.
They have no clue what being hip is or means. They take something out of context with no understanding of it and vainly attempt to emulate it. They are not different. They are not unique.

I myself enjoy the company of those that think out of the box, sneer at the socially acceptable garbage, follow the different drummer...........Even if I don't agree with them I respect the fact they are real.

As for the rest??????????.............who cares? They ain't real anyways..........and we all know that this over abundance of plastic is ruining the planet.

Just say no to plastic.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #59
Skoolie

Year: 1996
Chassis: Vista 36pp
Engine: 7.3 L diesel
I'm only part way into our bus conversion yet I'm still scowering craigslist and auctions for busses and want so many ! Why I don't know but this thread isn't helping haha now I'm feeling like if I don't start building up a bus arsenal I never will be able to
To bad these suckers take up so much room in a driveway
mikerob643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #60
Bus Nut

Straight from the medical books

I RECENTLY CAME ACROSS THIS WHILE STUDYING FOR BOARDS.
Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
troll.jpg