Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-24-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Chevy/ wane
Chassis: N/A
Engine: Was 366
Rated Cap: 48 passenger
Parts

Hope I do this right I am new here have a 88 chevy school bus and will not be needing the front or the motor so I have a 366 Cid with Trans and complete front clip Springs axel dash also have complete drive line and rear end asking 1200.00 for every thing was running January 2016 I also have window's seats and some parts for a international buss if you are interested e mail me at pat2549314526@gmail.com
pat2549314526@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:11 AM   #2
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 3,878
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
Ah ha! Making a chicken coop huh? I knew someone would get around to it.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:21 AM   #3
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 494
Year: 1987
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: IH
Engine: IH 9 Liter
Rated Cap: 66 + driver
Kinda makes me wonder ... assuming they bought a functional, running bus for this project ... why didn't they just buy a dead junker for less money?
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Chevy/ wane
Chassis: N/A
Engine: Was 366
Rated Cap: 48 passenger
It was fun as a driver but I am doing a conversion to make it a gooseneck I know to some of you that is taboo but me and the boys built it and it has been good but it will more sute my need as a pull behind don't need to be judged just trying to help someone that may meed parts the main coach will never be sold it will die with me
pat2549314526@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #5
Skoolie
 
gizmoq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St Louis Metro
Posts: 105
Year: 1978
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Lifeguard
Engine: 366 Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2549314526@gmail. View Post
... a 366 Cid with Trans and complete front clip Springs axel dash also have complete drive line and rear end
What year was the bus manufactured? Which trans does it have? What mileage?

And, oh yeah, where is it now?
__________________
The more I do, the more I find needs done.
____________________________________
Build Thread - ET - ELWOOD Transporter
gizmoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Chevy/ wane
Chassis: N/A
Engine: Was 366
Rated Cap: 48 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmoq View Post
What year was the bus manufactured? Which trans does it have? What mileage?

And, oh yeah, where is it now?
It is a 1988 chev the hood is off a 1987 gmc it has a 366 Cid with a 4bbl and all the emissions that came with it has factory headers and the transmission is the older style Alison also have a Alison out of a 91 int with a diesel has less then 2000 miles on a rebuild from a transmission shop we are in central Texas
pat2549314526@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:21 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Chevy/ wane
Chassis: N/A
Engine: Was 366
Rated Cap: 48 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2549314526@gmail. View Post
It is a 1988 chev the hood is off a 1987 gmc it has a 366 Cid with a 4bbl and all the emissions that came with it has factory headers and the transmission is the older style Alison also have a Alison out of a 91 int with a diesel has less then 2000 miles on a rebuild from a transmission shop we are in central Texas
Also the motor was replaced 1 1/2 school years before it was put out of service as per the school shop manager then I put about 3500 miles on it in the time I had it
pat2549314526@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:53 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 3,878
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
Interesting. So no chickens huh?

Nobody is going to give you grief here about cutting up a bus. There are much worse forms of bus abuse identified here frequently. You're just entering new territory. These aren't generally trailer guys, but many things apply the same. Throw up some pics and listen to the banter. I think what's happening is you're blurring the line between skoolie and camper. You got to lay those new ideas on a bus forum slowly to not cause any hemorrhaging.

You want a bus but you don't want to deal with the engine. That would make a seriously heavy 5th wheel in my mind. I've seen that done actually, but sorry no photos from pre divorce era. It was actually from a time before 5th wheels in a land far, far away. Na, it was actually the back end of two buses put together kind of like a big yellow airstream trailer. Impressive looking on it's own and causes a certain amount of confusion at the same time from bystanders. You still have to pull it with something, unless it's more of a tiny home that you move just sometimes.
Are you unbolting the body and putting it on a 5th wheel trailer frame, or forming the bus frame into a 5th wheel setup?
It's a good idea. You're still reusing something that otherwise could turn into scrap. You've just found a way to not deal with an engine, and I'm sure you've stirred some imaginations here. You've probably got some kind of a re-licensing issue with that too. Chopped off the VIN#.
So, got a floorplan? Is the bus already built out as a camper and you're just trailerizing it? Inquiring minds...
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:10 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Chevy/ wane
Chassis: N/A
Engine: Was 366
Rated Cap: 48 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Interesting. So no chickens huh?

Nobody is going to give you grief here about cutting up a bus. There are much worse forms of bus abuse identified here frequently. You're just entering new territory. These aren't generally trailer guys, but many things apply the same. Throw up some pics and listen to the banter. I think what's happening is you're blurring the line between skoolie and camper. You got to lay those new ideas on a bus forum slowly to not cause any hemorrhaging.

You want a bus but you don't want to deal with the engine. That would make a seriously heavy 5th wheel in my mind. I've seen that done actually, but sorry no photos from pre divorce era. It was actually from a time before 5th wheels in a land far, far away. Na, it was actually the back end of two buses put together kind of like a big yellow airstream trailer. Impressive looking on it's own and causes a certain amount of confusion at the same time from bystanders. You still have to pull it with something, unless it's more of a tiny home that you move just sometimes.
Are you unbolting the body and putting it on a 5th wheel trailer frame, or forming the bus frame into a 5th wheel setup?
It's a good idea. You're still reusing something that otherwise could turn into scrap. You've just found a way to not deal with an engine, and I'm sure you've stirred some imaginations here. You've probably got some kind of a re-licensing issue with that too. Chopped off the VIN#.
So, got a floorplan? Is the bus already built out as a camper and you're just trailerizing it? Inquiring minds...
Yes it is a full scale rv for the past 5 years it has all the things that a 5th wheel would have I was in the towing business for 15 years and also worked at a school as there mecanic so I know my way around a bus the bus did fine but like all drivers you have to take a second car if you don't want to be stuck at the park and the older buses do not have ac and in texas whin it is 100 degree it is hard on a long trip I repurpost 4 old wreck campers and have all the stuff in it frightliner microwave 2 ac roof mount and bathroom cabinets and beds got the weight down to under 11,000 lbs comparable to some of the 30 foot 5ers out there how do you up load pictures here new to site and don't know how it all works
pat2549314526@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:51 PM   #10
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 494
Year: 1987
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: IH
Engine: IH 9 Liter
Rated Cap: 66 + driver
Please don't think I was judging you, I was more curious than anything. But having read the backstory, it makes more sense. If I had a couple dead 40' buses to work with (and a truck/trailer salvage yard to plunder) I might be inclined to merge 2 bus rear-sections to form a 50+ foot shell, probably doing a roof-raise on 80% of it ... the front would be set up in a typical 5th wheel, "Drop deck" fashion so I could move it with a road tractor ........ At some point it would probably be easier and cheaper to find an old moving van for a basis to work with.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.