Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

PDX-ish Blue bird windows/seat metal

Hello fellow skooligans! I havent posted since I got back into the states and picked up our bus, but we picked up a 2000 BB all american a few weeks back. I have been working out parking and all of that and I am at the end phases of the interior gutting. I will post pictures in the appropriate forum when I am at a place with wifi for my laptop.

Anyway, I am about to run all the insulation, flooring, seat foam and everything else to the recycle center and dump. The seat frames and interior sheet is going to the scrap yard.

I know it is last minute, but if you want seats and can get out to Eagle Creek (30ish min from I-205) before 3:30pm today you can have them for $5 a piece or $40 for all. They only have 2 legs. The other side attached to the wall. They become scrap today if no one gets them!

Windows are all coming out today and they need to be gone soon, too. 4 swing open emergency exits and 21 normal slide windows. They fit 26 1/2 x 30 inch openings. $15 for emergency exits and $10 for normal. Take all of them for $180. These are not going to recycling today, but will soon if no one picks them up.

I have a small work space and these seats are taking most of it up, so I need them gone today.

541-543-5583

Can deliver, but it will be in the uhaul that i am using, so I will have to charge $1.08 a mile to cover their mileage fees if you are further than 10miles away +$0.25 per mile for fuel.

Thanks!

RollinThruRotations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I want to see how this play's...

I tried giving away my seats on craigslist. I wasted the better part of two days waiting for CL Flakes that never showed and then got yelled at because I put in the ad that if they needed my help I would charge. "If you charge, then it isn't free. I'm telling on you!".

I finally wound up hauling them to a salvage place that grudgingly took them for free.

It kind of surprised me. I thought that the amount of steel in these seats would make worth a bit for salvage.

Best of luck with your seats. If you do well I'll bring you the seats out of my next bus
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: Cummins 8.3/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
I gave away the seat bottoms to a guy who was going to use them for seats in homemade deer stands.

The frames, I cut the vinyl and padding off the backs, so they're just steel (with a relatively unnoticeable tack strip at the bottom) and will take the to a scrap yard whenever I have enough for a load.
Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
This is "too much". I was in Eagle Creek this Monday. And I'm looking for the interior sheet steel "cap" above the rear window. The one that is arched to fit the ceiling. Something like foot-and-a-half tall in the middle.

If you are scrapping that... maybe I could arrange with my friends to store it until my next trip up there in June.

The one in front also, above the windshields -- but I'm guessing you are keeping that.

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seats, windows