Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
PUBLIC SURPLUS CROWNS MODESTO FETCH BUCKS

[bJust thought i'd follow up with some information regard the Modesto Crowns, the bidding was off the hood. And the last chapter is not written until they are paid for...........But one for sure closed for over 12K and all others were close to that price.

Being the suspicious guy i am, one buyer paid over 30K for these Crowns, I bid on Coaches all the time and familiar with the user names of a lot of the "players". But never heard of the winning bidder before...........but they fetched some good numbers and were good Crowns.......I hung in there till 12K and let it go................just can't justify it right now......but if the buyer is legit he just ended up with three very nice Crowns[/b]
Attached Thumbnails
tiara.jpg  

Old 06-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Looking for something
Chassis: Big Enough to fit my dog
Re: PUBLIC SURPLUS CROWNS MODESTO FETCH BUCKS

Right with you, they went so far above my max I did not have that moment of should I up what I am willing or not.... Is this the trend?
facebook.com/mikehathaway
mjh2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
Re: PUBLIC SURPLUS CROWNS MODESTO FETCH BUCKS

Crowns in my opinion have been undervalued for a very long time: These were particularly nice crowns in the sense that they had all had out of frame rebuilds by Jasper, pretty reputable, and some had as little as 10 thousand miles...........I would say that generally speaking yes a nice decent Crown isn't 2500 bucks any more...........The aren't being made any more, their numbers are diminishing and scarcity drives the Market: It will be interesting the next couple of years, to see how many Crowns do make to the public..........Prices are sure to continue to rise with the odd deal coming along every now and then...........