Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2016, 12:52 AM   #41
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 83
OK, they are packed up ready to go. Talk to you then.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:10 AM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Just remembered a great security sign on a locked gate, on a dirt road, up in the Colorado mountains.

On the gate was a standard rifle target with about a dozen rounds within an inch or so of center. All the handwritten note on it said was...

"This was from 500 yards. You are at 150."
kinda like this driveway .
Attached Thumbnails
44045_n.jpg  
Old 02-27-2016, 12:46 PM   #43
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 83
beret, your windows are on the way! I delivered them to Skoolydoo today and he will be bringing them your way. Good luck with your bus.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #44
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Chassis: TC-2000 Handybus
Engine: Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
beret, your windows are on the way! I delivered them to Skoolydoo today and he will be bringing them your way. Good luck with your bus.
Amazing!! Thank you so so so much!!
beret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:05 PM   #45

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I had about 30 windows plus a windshield smashed out of a 40' BBAA. The windows were tinted laminated safety glass. When I got a price at the time, it was about $250 a piece for the side windows. The parents of the kids said their little Johnny wouldn't do such a thing.

I would like to see the reaction of these kids when you take a bat to their first car. Same for the parents.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #46

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Just remembered a great security sign on a locked gate, on a dirt road, up in the Colorado mountains.

On the gate was a standard rifle target with about a dozen rounds within an inch or so of center. All the handwritten note on it said was...

"This was from 500 yards. You are at 150."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wolf View Post
kinda like this driveway .
While this is funny and joking about it is OK, it doesn't help your case when it is entered into evidence in your court trial.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #47
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I had about 30 windows plus a windshield smashed out of a 40' BBAA. The windows were tinted laminated safety glass. When I got a price at the time, it was about $250 a piece for the side windows. The parents of the kids said their little Johnny wouldn't do such a thing.

I would like to see the reaction of these kids when you take a bat to their first car. Same for the parents.
Of course "little Johnny" can do no wrong. After all, he's an angel, an Eagle Scout, an honor student....
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:54 AM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

I am so sorry! You must feel sick! I hope something really good happens for you to turn this situation around.
Little Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #49
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Chassis: TC-2000 Handybus
Engine: Cummins
Hello fellow skoolies!

Thank you all for your support and jokes to ease the sting. Roadrunner has amazingly donated some windows to replace some of our shattered ones. Skoolydoo offered to transport them west, but has since broken down in Kansas City.

Does anyone think they may be headed in the Colorado direction from KC?

(If we can't get them out here, I'd still love for them to make it to a good (skoolie) home!)

Also - Skoolydoo, what are you in need of in the KC area?
beret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #50
Skoolie

Rated Cap: 2+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beret View Post
Hello fellow skoolies!

Thank you all for your support and jokes to ease the sting. Roadrunner has amazingly donated some windows to replace some of our shattered ones. Skoolydoo offered to transport them west, but has since broken down in Kansas City.

Does anyone think they may be headed in the Colorado direction from KC?

(If we can't get them out here, I'd still love for them to make it to a good (skoolie) home!)

Also - Skoolydoo, what are you in need of in the KC area?
Someone that knows what the heck they are doing....cause I don't
Stupid truck, turned a corner and it died, changed parts until I ran out of money
And patience...it could be something very simple IDK anymore it's for sale on Craigslist. I will take the money and put into my conversion.
Living in daughters basement..so I am warm and dry and have a full belly..Lol thanks for asking
Old 11-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #51
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000 RE
Engine: Cummins 8.3; Allison 3060R
Rated Cap: 66 passenger
Well, I have a similar sad story to share... I was awoken ~5am in my house in Albuquerque to a loud bang. I looked out the house window and didn't see anything right then that looked strange, I figured it was someone collecting their garbage can after the pickup yesterday. My passenger vehicle was intact, so I figured all was OK.

Then, after sunrise, I looked out again, and noticed a large rock sitting behind the bus in the street, which is suspicious. I went outside, and found that 6 of the windows in the bus had been broken out by someone throwing large rocks. The also missed several times leaving dents, but it's an 18 year old bus, and I'm not overly concerned about that. The police said ~15 houses/cars were vandalized last night nearby...

Does anyone have any of these windows laying around that would like a new life in our skoolie? I'm in Albuquerque, but we'll be in the Denver area over Christmas (without the bus). To further complicate matters, the windows are tinted. Our bus is a '98 Bluebird TC2000 (rear engine).

The 6 windows broken, in need of replacement:
-large center rear window (~49" wide x 17" tall)
-3 side windows, just 1 pane in each window was broken (~24-3/4" wide x 10.5" tall)
-1 side emergency exit window (~23" wide x 8-3/4 tall)
-1 side emergency exit door window (~26-1/4" wide x 19-1/4" tall, with curved corners)

We were planning another trip very soon in the bus, but I guess those plans are on hold until we can get the 6 windows replaced. Also, most of the windows are in the back, where we have kind of complicated bunk bed setup, which I fear will need to be disassembled before replacing the windows. I'm not sure yet even how to remove the old side windows. Thanks everyone!
engelstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #52
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Maybe this will help?

2000 GMC bus Allison
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:35 AM   #53
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
I've got 6-8 windows from a Carpenter that are all yours if you want to retrofit them. Sorry to hear about this!
Old 11-28-2016, 11:55 PM   #54

We actually just took literally all our windows out to put siding up... we saved them for whatever reason. They are all in perfect condition, no cracks or breaks or anything... would you be interested? We live in Ft Worth, TX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KGT4791 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluebird tc-2000, extra windows, replacement, windows, windshield