Old 05-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Her, me and Molly
Re: Running TANDEM crown on copart $2750 Buy it now price

Looks like it has a salvage title, In Indiana that means you can't get a title for it.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa
Looks like it has a salvage title, In Indiana that means you can't get a title for it.
If it passes a inspection in most states you can get a rebuilt title for it
jmar896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78

Running TANDEM crown on copart $2750 Buy it now price

Unread postby jmar896 Sat May 24, 2014 11:59 am

I could see that is a manual............however does anyone know what engine is in this Crown..........I'm using my resources to find out without luck thus far..........and also, it appears if you are out of state you have to run your bidding through one of their brokers. Moki
Old 05-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
Almost There

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH
Engine: 466
Rated Cap: 64

The listing says Cert of title OR Salvage acquisition so it may come with a clean title. It could be that a school district has taken it to Copart to be sold 'as is' since it does not meet California clean air rules anymore, and cannot be sold back into service in the state. I and two other partners buy many, many vehicles from Copart each year and you see a lot of vehicles with odd or usual backgrounds come thru the auctions.
dburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Well everything wasn't as straight forward as it might appear with regard this Crown.

I've been a member of Copart for many years: And I don't know precisely what the deal is, but as a Member I could not bid on this Crown: With a great deal of effort, on a site that was under maintenance I contracted the correctly licensed broker to bid for me: I'm currently awaiting the approval of the Seller: The auction closed: I had the highest bid, and then I upped my offer to close to their buy it now: So I'm waiting to hear.

So here are some photo's that are on my page on Facebook, CROWNING AROUND and you can check out all the photo's, and as well check out all the buses I own, have owned or think are cool.
And if you like what you see I'd appreciate it if you would like the page, not just the photo's but the page itself..........until next time............Moki

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 450&type=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 242.JPG (82.7 KB, 1016 views)
Old 05-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #7
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant
Well everything wasn't as straight forward as it might appear with regard this Crown.

I've been a member of Copart for many years: And I don't know precisely what the deal is, but as a Member I could not bid on this Crown: With a great deal of effort, on a site that was under maintenance I contracted the correctly licensed broker to bid for me: I'm currently awaiting the approval of the Seller: The auction closed: I had the highest bid, and then I upped my offer to close to their buy it now: So I'm waiting to hear.

So here are some photo's that are on my page on Facebook, CROWNING AROUND and you can check out all the photo's, and as well check out all the buses I own, have owned or think are cool.
And if you like what you see I'd appreciate it if you would like the page, not just the photo's but the page itself..........until next time............Moki

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 450&type=1
Good luck. I know with some auctions you need a dealers license to bid on, do you have one?
Best of luck
Jake
Old 05-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #8
Bus Nut

No Dealers license that's why I had to contract with a Broker who has the required licenses.........just that cost me 250 bucks........The Crown is currently mine.........we have come to terms, after some offer counter offer back and forth........I would gladly have given the school district what they wanted, but between Copart Fees, and Broker fees that's an additonal 700 bucks above the purchase price. In the instant at hand that's quite a bit...............Still very good deal.........Love the double headlights, very rare, for this late model year Crown. the only one i own that has the true wrap around windshields which is a nice look............and of course if you look at the turn signals, you won't fine them on too many Crowns with the Aluminum Castings that stick out the way they do.............but I'm so stoked the process is over and it's mine................Moki.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 243.JPG (80.0 KB, 1005 views)
File Type: jpg 245.JPG (33.6 KB, 1005 views)
Old 05-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #9
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant
No Dealers license that's why I had to contract with a Broker who has the required licenses.........just that cost me 250 bucks........The Crown is currently mine.........we have come to terms, after some offer counter offer back and forth........I would gladly have given the school district what they wanted, but between Copart Fees, and Broker fees that's an additonal 700 bucks above the purchase price. In the instant at hand that's quite a bit...............Still very good deal.........Love the double headlights, very rare, for this late model year Crown. the only one i own that has the true wrap around windshields which is a nice look............and of course if you look at the turn signals, you won't fine them on too many Crowns with the Aluminum Castings that stick out the way they do.............but I'm so stoked the process is over and it's mine................Moki.
Congrats
How much did you pay with all fees included?
Also do you know whats the deal with the title? Was it clean or salvage?
Once you have it, take some more pictures please. Ill like your facebook page when im on my computer tomorrow.
Best wishes for the drive home
Jake
Old 05-28-2014, 02:27 AM   #10
Bus Nut

Thanks Jake.........got to keep the price a Secret and it's still not done..........as far as I'm concerned Copart's fees are ridiculous, and the surrogate to bid for me, was AutoBidMaster and they, are even worse, so I've got the combined fees of both these entities: They invoiced me for the bus, and they overcharged me the Copart buyers fee by a hundred bucks, and they also tried to sneak in another 150 bucks by having me buy their Premier membership which I have no desire for: I availed myself of the membership that is free, but you are entitled to one transaction, and if you don't cancel that "free" membership, then they'll go ahead and charge you their annual membership. And you have to slap down a 400 dollar deposit, that doesn't apply to the purchase and you can't have back until you pay for and pick up the Bus: Payment and pickup must be completed in 7 days: AutoBidMaster also Lies and "suggests" you should use their services to get the vehicle off the lot.....unless it's state inspected and registered. Whereas it's a Copart Lot, and one of their employees will drive it off the lot, and you are on your own.....so the nickle and dime ing is one thing, but the outright deception is another: I can't stand them. But I had to do this to get the Crown and I've been through worse: Every Crown has a Story..........

I'll be happy to post pics and give a report on the Crown. I should be driving it before the middle of June. I haven't been this excited about a bus since I bought my first Crown....and never had a Tandem so it's going to me kind of cool.......

And yes, I will end up with a clear California Title..........and when I find out with certainty where this Crown came from, I will approach the school district and see if I can grab the Original manuals that accompanied it...........That would be way cool, will have the build sheets and schematics which are always nice to have since each Crown was a custom build....When i find out more i'll post, with some better photo's...........Moki