Old 04-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: International
Engine: DT360
Hello Everybody !!

So i see that many people read my Post but i have no answer !! So i want know for your experience if my price is reasonable !! I open to any suggestion !!!
Thank you to your help !!!
tribu nomade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
most people here want to build there own bus the way they want it. from what i see you should be asking less, look on craigslist to compare prices. good luck
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

I would tend to agree with SuperDave about the price.

Some things working against you is while most of the buses here started out as school bus yellow most jurisdicitons and insurance companies require the school bus yellow to be changed to a different color.

Some things working for you is it would appear as if you have a solar array for recharging your electrical system. Some pictures specific to that would be helpful. Also, your plumbling looks like it was well thought out and laid out very well.

The interior pictures are good but do not include the bath/toilet area or the bedroom. For a lot of people those are make or break items.

Good luck and I hope you get a good price for your conversion.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:37 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Hello.

About the colors of our School bus. What is the jurisdicitons about California ?
When we come in summer we want change the adress to California,no problem with the colors?
I try next time to put more photos but the bus is full !! We live all year,with a kid,home school,books and tools. We design clothes,we make jewlerry,my wife is a dancer with many clothes and i m DJ with a sound system so you imagine !!! Its a BIG SOUK !! It s why we give many things for the future owner and we send to France the rest !!!
Somebody know if i could use Vegetal Oil when i come in US ? Without modification ?
Thank you very much !!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Electronically controlled engines can have problems if anything except for #2 diesel is used.

Also, it is getting increasingly difficult to find sources of free waste vegetable oil. If you plan is to cross the country using free fuel I would suggest your rethink that proposition.

CA is one of the states that is most particular about the color of buses. The only buses that can be national school bus chrome yellow are buses that are owned or operated for schools on to/from routes. All other buses have to be some other color.

The private operators of school buses have to cover over the overhead crossing lights and all mention of school bus in order to use those buses in any other function besides to/from route transportation.

Although you may not have the time or $$$ to paint your bus it would probably save you time and $$$ if you did. Making government paper pushers happy can eat up a lot of time and $$$ that could better be used doing something else.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Hello again.
My question about oil vegetal ,it s not to found free oil ,i imagine the price it s less to the Diesel ? I want know if you know the price and if i could use with my engine without modifications?
My School bus was accepted and registered Motorhome in Alabama with the color yellow ,so if i make a changement adress with California i need to paint my bus?
I could drive in California? How many days i have to paint the bus?
Thank you very much for your help !!! It was more easy for us to buy the School bus and go to Amerik latine to come back in US !!! So it s why i ask !!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #17
Site Team

After you spend the money to install a veggie system on the bus, you will need to find a source that is not already contracted to a business or individuals, then you need to clean/recycle it for your purpose...on the road it seems to much of a pain in the butt

So if you can can buy used oil at $1 or $1.50 a gallon, then store it or filter it etc on the spot....10 or 12 ft of your bus will be full of tanks/barrels and equipment.

Right now I budget $5 a gallon (actual is about $2.50) and 5 mpg (actual is 10) this gives me lots of Leeway and makes it look like I made money ..... ;)
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

Hello everybody !!!

I see in the Web ,a Insurance company for my school bus,the name is PROGRESSIVE but i just receive a message and the contrat was canceled ,because it s not possible with the RV School bus.
Could you help me to found by the Web an Insurance company for my RV School bus.
I could pay with my credit card. I need an insurance for 3 months but if it s not posible i take One Year. Thank you very much for your help.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #19
Skoolie

Good luck with that. Which state you are in makes a lot of difference. Be sure to include that in your title, and take a look through/post in the title/registration/insurance forum. Do some searches for your state when you get over there. Each state is VERY different.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:24 PM   #20
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you Pamela.

For moment we are in Mexico ,we go to Texas in the end of June where it s posible to buy a permit for 30 days,after we go to California where we are an adress. So i think we need to found company insurance in California !! Somebody know ? Thank you very much !!!