Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: International
Engine: DT360
Sell School Bus converted - 1991 - Manual

Hello everybody !!! We are a French family !! So sorry for my English !!
We speak better Spanish or French.

We buy our School bus in 2008. It was converted in 2010. And we start to travel in Mexico to Panama during 2 years and to this year we was in many places in Mexico.
We have the project to come this summer in California and Oregon. We want sell our School bus at the end of September in Covelo California where we stay with our friend.
We sell the School bus because after many years in this continent we want come back in Europe and buy a house truck to continue this Nomad life,to know a new place,we love this wonderfull planet.
We was really Happy in this house and we hope to found nice people to continue this happiness !!!

About the Skoolie :
INTERNATIONAL 1991 - MANUAL TRANSMISSION - REGISTERED RV MOTORHOME -
ENGINE DT 360 EXCELLENT CONDITION - GOOD WHEELS - SYSTEM TOW BAR - PROTECTION WINDOWS AND DOOR - 2 GAZ TANK - CONVERSION 12V/110V - GENERATOR 1800W - PANEL SOLAR - SALON CONVERTIBLE - KITCHEN - FRIDGE NORCOLD - BATHROOM HOT WATER - 1 BED CHILDREN - 1 BED KING SIZE - LIGHTS LED S - WASHING MACHINE BOSCH -AND MANY ACCESSORIES !!!
Attachment 6651
Attachment 6652
Attachment 6653
Attachment 6654
Attachment 6655
Attachment 6656
Attachment 6657
Attachment 6658
Attachment 6659
Attachment 6660

Ok for the description . we have a link to know us about our art ,if you want invite us to do a show ,oriental dancer,DJ and small sound system or expose our design clothes,we are open !!!

Thank you very much to read our message. Peace and Paz.

tribu nomade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:57 AM   #2
Site Team

Year: 1988
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65
yall should read the rules. links to services or products are scrutinized, but to make your first post to advertise your website for profit is a big, not cool, no-no and anyway ya want to translate it, aint allowed.

i deleted your link. if you really want to sell your bus, post some real links of the pictures, otherwise, adios!
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribu nomade View Post
Hello everybody !!! We are a French family !! So sorry for my English !!
We speak better Spanish or French.

We buy our School bus in 2008. It was converted in 2010. And we start to travel in Mexico to Panama during 2 years and to this year we was in many places in Mexico.
We have the project to come this summer in California and Oregon. We want sell our School bus at the end of September in Covelo California where we stay with our friend.
We sell the School bus because after many years in this continent we want come back in Europe and buy a house truck to continue this Nomad life,to know a new place,we love this wonderfull planet.
We was really Happy in this house and we hope to found nice people to continue this happiness !!!

About the Skoolie :
INTERNATIONAL 1991 - MANUAL TRANSMISSION - REGISTERED RV MOTORHOME -
ENGINE DT 360 EXCELLENT CONDITION - GOOD WHEELS - SYSTEM TOW BAR - PROTECTION WINDOWS AND DOOR - 2 GAZ TANK - CONVERSION 12V/110V - GENERATOR 1800W - PANEL SOLAR - SALON CONVERTIBLE - KITCHEN - FRIDGE NORCOLD - BATHROOM HOT WATER - 1 BED CHILDREN - 1 BED KING SIZE - LIGHTS LED S - WASHING MACHINE BOSCH -AND MANY ACCESSORIES !!!
Attachment 6651
Attachment 6652
Attachment 6653
Attachment 6654
Attachment 6655
Attachment 6656
Attachment 6657
Attachment 6658
Attachment 6659
Attachment 6660

Ok for the description . we have a link to know us about our art ,if you want invite us to do a show ,oriental dancer,DJ and small sound system or expose our design clothes,we are open !!!

Thank you very much to read our message. Peace and Paz.
Welcome and best of luck to you.
Don't worry about your english as you use it better than some of the people here, as you can see. ;)
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:05 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
The attachments don't work, I assume they are pictures?
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:33 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Please post proper links that show the pics here. People dont like clicking on links.

When I see links, I don't even bother.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Hello again !!!
Sorry for the attachments,it s new for us,i don t understand how to put some photos !!!

Sorry Claydbal,our proposit it s to sell our School bus,i hope you understand we dont speak so good English to know about the rules !! We want share our experience about our Nomad life,our art,we are so excited to come in your country and we hope we could found some humanity and tolerance about our difference !!!

So we sell our School bus ,this is real !! and we ask for 15 000 Dollars US.
If somebody could help me to know how put some photos !! Thank you very much !!!
Peace and Paz. Grazie. Hasta la vista. A bientot.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #7
Site Team

Year: 1988
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65
its cool tribu. it was the link to your business that caused the stir. when we see someone post for the first time, and it appears they are trying to sell for profit, it looks like spam.

peace and paz to yall two.

try photobucket to link pictures, its free.
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:13 PM   #9
Skoolie

I will lend a hand on getting your pictures listed for you!

I grabbed them from your share site and added them into this posting.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
145555Skoolie3.jpg   265637Skoolie4.jpg   292874bus9decembre9Copier.jpg   357993Skoolie7.jpg   451162PRESQUEFINI2Copier.jpg  

562879PRESQUEFINI5Copier.jpg   616021IMG0030Copier.jpg   696499PRESQUEFINI11Copier.jpg   872042PRESQUEFINI10Copier.jpg   908510Skoolie5.jpg  

967941DSC0016Copier.jpg  
c_hasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:18 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

..........thank you very much hasbeen !!! You are great !!!
Old 04-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Hello Everybody !!

So i see that many people read my Post but i have no answer !! So i want know for your experience if my price is reasonable !! I open to any suggestion !!!
Thank you to your help !!!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
most people here want to build there own bus the way they want it. from what i see you should be asking less, look on craigslist to compare prices. good luck
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

I would tend to agree with SuperDave about the price.

Some things working against you is while most of the buses here started out as school bus yellow most jurisdicitons and insurance companies require the school bus yellow to be changed to a different color.

Some things working for you is it would appear as if you have a solar array for recharging your electrical system. Some pictures specific to that would be helpful. Also, your plumbling looks like it was well thought out and laid out very well.

The interior pictures are good but do not include the bath/toilet area or the bedroom. For a lot of people those are make or break items.

Good luck and I hope you get a good price for your conversion.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:37 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Hello.

About the colors of our School bus. What is the jurisdicitons about California ?
When we come in summer we want change the adress to California,no problem with the colors?
I try next time to put more photos but the bus is full !! We live all year,with a kid,home school,books and tools. We design clothes,we make jewlerry,my wife is a dancer with many clothes and i m DJ with a sound system so you imagine !!! Its a BIG SOUK !! It s why we give many things for the future owner and we send to France the rest !!!
Somebody know if i could use Vegetal Oil when i come in US ? Without modification ?
Thank you very much !!
Old 05-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Electronically controlled engines can have problems if anything except for #2 diesel is used.

Also, it is getting increasingly difficult to find sources of free waste vegetable oil. If you plan is to cross the country using free fuel I would suggest your rethink that proposition.

CA is one of the states that is most particular about the color of buses. The only buses that can be national school bus chrome yellow are buses that are owned or operated for schools on to/from routes. All other buses have to be some other color.

The private operators of school buses have to cover over the overhead crossing lights and all mention of school bus in order to use those buses in any other function besides to/from route transportation.

Although you may not have the time or $$$ to paint your bus it would probably save you time and $$$ if you did. Making government paper pushers happy can eat up a lot of time and $$$ that could better be used doing something else.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Hello again.
My question about oil vegetal ,it s not to found free oil ,i imagine the price it s less to the Diesel ? I want know if you know the price and if i could use with my engine without modifications?
My School bus was accepted and registered Motorhome in Alabama with the color yellow ,so if i make a changement adress with California i need to paint my bus?
I could drive in California? How many days i have to paint the bus?
Thank you very much for your help !!! It was more easy for us to buy the School bus and go to Amerik latine to come back in US !!! So it s why i ask !!
Old 05-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #17
Bus Geek

After you spend the money to install a veggie system on the bus, you will need to find a source that is not already contracted to a business or individuals, then you need to clean/recycle it for your purpose...on the road it seems to much of a pain in the butt

So if you can can buy used oil at $1 or $1.50 a gallon, then store it or filter it etc on the spot....10 or 12 ft of your bus will be full of tanks/barrels and equipment.

Right now I budget $5 a gallon (actual is about $2.50) and 5 mpg (actual is 10) this gives me lots of Leeway and makes it look like I made money ..... ;)
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

Hello everybody !!!

I see in the Web ,a Insurance company for my school bus,the name is PROGRESSIVE but i just receive a message and the contrat was canceled ,because it s not possible with the RV School bus.
Could you help me to found by the Web an Insurance company for my RV School bus.
I could pay with my credit card. I need an insurance for 3 months but if it s not posible i take One Year. Thank you very much for your help.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #19
Skoolie

Good luck with that. Which state you are in makes a lot of difference. Be sure to include that in your title, and take a look through/post in the title/registration/insurance forum. Do some searches for your state when you get over there. Each state is VERY different.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:24 PM   #20
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you Pamela.

For moment we are in Mexico ,we go to Texas in the end of June where it s posible to buy a permit for 30 days,after we go to California where we are an adress. So i think we need to found company insurance in California !! Somebody know ? Thank you very much !!!