Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 10:04 PM   #1

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Thomas Saf-T-Liner
Chassis: Freightliner (FS-65)
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 28
Arrow Selling my 6 window Thomas Saf T Liner Bus

Hi All,
I have decided to let my bus go and am moving to something smaller (and more compatible with the neighborhood parking situation )

The bus was not converted very extensively - in fact the plan was to keep it as a "truck" and use it like the best 15 passenger van ever. It's in good shape, has a lot of fancy features (like air ride) and would make a great RV. I am pasting in the details below. I figured I would post here before putting it anywhere else because folks have been so helpful over the years. I hope it finds a good home. Please be in touch if you have questions!

-cleaves

Located in Northampton, Mass. - and yes we actually got Mass plates on it a miracle of miracles!

Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/HSxqivwwbM3UQrUT8

2007 Thomas Freightliner FS65 Short Bus For Sale

I am selling my 6 window Thomas Saf-T-Liner bus.

Specifics:
•123,651 Miles
•Under CDL and can be driven with a regular license
•Registered and on the road as a generic “commercial” truck
•Cat C7 ACERT Engine
•Allison Automatic Transmission
•25’ Long Nose to Tail / 10’6 Clearance (good city bus!)
•Hydraulic Service Brakes
•Air Parking Brake
•Carrier Air Conditioner
•Webasto Diesel Engine/Coolant Pre-Heater/Booster
•Air Ride Suspension
•Air Operated Door & Driver’s Seat
•Strong (huge) batteries.
•1 Roof Hatch, usual rear door, 2 swing-out Emergency Windows
•Just passed Mass State Safety/Emissions Inspection with no issues
•Evil child-check device has been removed!
•Genuine, partially broken bus-yard broom included

Asking Price: $7950.00

The bus starts right up and can be driven anywhere. The electronic speed governor has been removed and it will go down the highway at 65 with no issues. It has tons of power going up steep city hills and shifts smoothly. The engine burns no oil, nor is there any smoke / color to the exhaust. There are no cracked windows and the tires have tons of tread left. All the lights etc work as they should.

Bus had a full PM service about 1,600 miles ago. Oil changed, new oil & fuel filters, everything greased. Also did some engine work—we replaced the crank (torsional) dampener on the engine and serpentine belt because the old damper looked like it was starting to go. We also replaced an air line on the auxiliary tank that was leaking and added a valve / quick fitting so you can inflate the tires from the bus tank.

There is still a very slow oil weep coming from the turbocharger plumbing. It’s slow - I have not added any oil and I’ve never seen a drop on the ground, but this should be repaired eventually. Also the steering wheel / column has a minor a amount of play in it. This does not effect turning - the steering itself—arms, kingpins etc, is smooth and tight. The repair shop we had the bus at said it's likely a bearing in the column which could be repaired for about $300-400.

The bus is partially converted to make it legal to operate as a generic truck. The traffic control aspects (lights, stop sign, front bar) have been removed, sealed and painted over. Four of the rear seats are also out. I also removed the adhesive labels and began to paint it — at least enough to cover over the former school markings. Our intention was to use this as a 15 passenger van with a ton of cargo space for instruments, costumes, coolers and camping gear etc. There are also attachment points for a hammock inside. It was used for a music festival last year and it was great for that purpose. It’s also been on a few camping trips since then and has served as an excellent metal tent.

Bus is located at a self-storage yard near Northampton Mass. and can be seen / driven pretty easily. I am also willing to deliver it within a radius. Or you can keep it at the self storage place for however long you need to.

Please be in touch if you have any questions.

cleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:57 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

I am local to MA, very interested. I am south of Boston in Raynham, MA. I am going to send you an email directly.

Thank you,
Denise
niserae@gmail.com
SweetD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6 window, allison, for sale, freightliner, thomas