Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #1
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Selling MY Baby! 1992 Ward Senator w/Roof Raise

We hate to do this, but we have some life stuff to deal with and too much on our plate at the moment.
We're looking to sell our beloved Roll Your Own bus. A good chunk of the sale will go directly to helping pay for our friend Eddie Sampson's battle with cancer. He needs all the help he can get, and rather than beg for money on those fund-me sites, I thought I'd pony up and do what I can to really raise some cash for him. At LEAST 15% -20% will be going right to Ed.

So- about the bus.
Its a really sweet 1992 Ward Senator aka AmTran Genesis. It is pretty much the ULTIMATE skoolie blank slate, so to speak. It has virtually EVERYTHING one looks for in a bus to convert. FIVE underside storage bays!
Its got all the HARD stuff done already, and compared to the crap buses at dealers, this is a way better buy for someone wanting a blank slate.
The roof was raised 10" using custom fabricated rib extensions then they were welded. THe front cap is custom fabricated by Eddie himself, he's an excellent welder/fabricator. From floor to middle of ceiling is a bit over 85"! Feels amazing and its very spacious now.
The entire underside of the roof was meticulously prepped and primed, an extra step not many hasty conversions take, but definitely will make for a LONG lasting result.
I also have some brand new stuff that goes with the bus. New rear mudflaps, brand new service manuals, and more.
This bus has the highly sought after mechanical DT466 and allison 643 engine/tranny combo. One of the best drivetrains available and rock solid!
As much as we love our bus, we love our friend Ed and we have way too many other things going on.
So anyone wanting a really SUPREME bus to build their skoolie on here's your chance!
https://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/d...337499792.html
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15



__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #3
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
The shorty in the pic is also for sale.
Make me an offer on the pair!?
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Skoolie
 
Huskerbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 168
Year: 2004
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 31 w/4 wheel chair spots
Any info on the shorty?
Huskerbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:21 AM   #5
Skoolie
 
Huskerbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 168
Year: 2004
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 31 w/4 wheel chair spots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerbus View Post
Any info on the shorty?
Found the other post 😳
Huskerbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #6
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Make me an offer on either or both, worst I can do is say no.
With our wedding coming up, and eddie's need for help, well- these buses need to find new homes!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #7
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 668
Year: 1999
Coachwork: New Flyer
Chassis: D45HF "Viking"
Engine: 11.1L Detroit Diesel S60
Rated Cap: 51,600
Oh, man, NOW you sell it after I went and bought a bus....
MarkyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:30 AM   #8
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyDee View Post
Oh, man, NOW you sell it after I went and bought a bus....
IIRC I'd mentioned it to you back when.
I've been mulling this over for a while.
We have to sell our stuff, even our house, and reorganize.

I gotta do what I can for eddie, he's an amazing guy and deserves all the love we can send.
Anyhow, spread the word for me. I want these buses to go to a good home or homes.
I didn't make this decision easily, but sometimes life gets REAL, and its how we handle these things that makes us who we are. Eddie and getting married in March are much more important to me than any possession.
Selling our subaru, a couple mopeds, some "home defense" items, and lots of other stuff.
This is where it gets real!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #9
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerbus View Post
Any info on the shorty?
I see you found the other thread. Any info you need, just let me know.
I'm open to reasonable offers, but these are both really desirable buses, imo.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:37 AM   #10
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 668
Year: 1999
Coachwork: New Flyer
Chassis: D45HF "Viking"
Engine: 11.1L Detroit Diesel S60
Rated Cap: 51,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
IIRC I'd mentioned it to you back when.
If so, then my memory is going. Wife, 4 kids, and a job at a company that's been bought and merged twice into a $20 billion multinational (and all the insane management decisions that come with that) in so many years will do it. And on top of it my eyes are going (I'm needing bifocals now, but fighting it all the way)....

That's why we have buses!!!
MarkyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:29 AM   #11
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Forgot to add-
With the 40 footer I'm also including a new Bostrom air ride seat and a pair of new Rural King logo THICK mudflaps for the rear. Also have a pair of van seats and a bench seat from a ford van I'd throw in if buyer wants them.
Also included is a really SWEET RV ICE MAKER! Makes 24 lbs of ice per day. Would be great around camp!
Some other various parts and supplies as well, including a set of new old stock service manuals still in the plastic.
And a box of 1000 brand new 1/4" stainless pop rivets and some clecos.
I'm sure there's more, but anything that I can think of will go with the bus.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:37 AM   #12
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 11,947
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Forgot to add-
With the 40 footer I'm also including a new Bostrom air ride seat and a pair of new Rural King logo THICK mudflaps for the rear. Also have a pair of van seats and a bench seat from a ford van I'd throw in if buyer wants them.
Also included is a really SWEET RV ICE MAKER! Makes 24 lbs of ice per day. Would be great around camp!
Some other various parts and supplies as well, including a set of new old stock service manuals still in the plastic.
And a box of 1000 brand new 1/4" stainless pop rivets and some clecos.
I'm sure there's more, but anything that I can think of will go with the bus.
ha! im interested in the accessories!!! the Bostrom air ride seat esp! maybe the van seats, if they sell separately from RYO.
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:42 AM   #13
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
ha! im interested in the accessories!!! the Bostrom air ride seat esp! maybe the van seats, if they sell separately from RYO.
-Christopher
If I don't sell the bus, I'm keeping that Bostrom.
May even put it in my shorty and put the air seat from the shorty in RYO.
The van seats you can have. They'll clean up ok, I think. just dusty from sitting in Shauns kennel.
And I've got a present for you next time I see you. A REALLY nice bike that I think will fit you like a glove. A thank you for all your help.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #14
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 10
Man, this would be PERFECT for me except that we're crowd-funding our bus and won't have our money together until later this year. You may have replied to my intro post, not sure, but we're looking to convert a skoolie to a festival bus and do a roof raise -- this thing would literally be the perfect start, and you've got it so reasonably priced. We would save a ton of money and effort as rookies if we could get our hands on this guy. Damn.

I guess buses are like girls, you can find the perfect match, but if the timing's not right she can't be the one.

More importantly, best wishes for Eddie. My mom went through her own cancer scare last year, that stuff is just no fun. I'm sure Eddie will come out the other end of this as well as she did with such great friends supporting him.
MostlyJokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #15
Skoolie
 
Huskerbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 168
Year: 2004
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 31 w/4 wheel chair spots
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Make me an offer on either or both, worst I can do is say no.
With our wedding coming up, and eddie's need for help, well- these buses need to find new homes!
My wedding is in 3 weeks, so sadly, this is awful timing for me!
Huskerbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:51 PM   #16
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyJokes View Post
Man, this would be PERFECT for me except that we're crowd-funding our bus and won't have our money together until later this year. You may have replied to my intro post, not sure, but we're looking to convert a skoolie to a festival bus and do a roof raise -- this thing would literally be the perfect start, and you've got it so reasonably priced. We would save a ton of money and effort as rookies if we could get our hands on this guy. Damn.

I guess buses are like girls, you can find the perfect match, but if the timing's not right she can't be the one.

More importantly, best wishes for Eddie. My mom went through her own cancer scare last year, that stuff is just no fun. I'm sure Eddie will come out the other end of this as well as she did with such great friends supporting him.
I'm not a salesman. I prefer honesty to personal gain.

Don't take this the wrong way, but just some personal opinion/advice here-
I'd ditch the crowdfunding thing and do it all YOURSELF. Even if it takes a long time. The pride and feeling of accomplishment will make whatever sacrifices you have to make worth it.

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully we'll cross paths somewhere sometime!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #17
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I'm not a salesman. I prefer honesty to personal gain.

Don't take this the wrong way, but just some personal opinion/advice here-
I'd ditch the crowdfunding thing and do it all YOURSELF. Even if it takes a long time. The pride and feeling of accomplishment will make whatever sacrifices you have to make worth it.

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully we'll cross paths somewhere sometime!
I'd love to do one by myself someday in the future, but as for now I'm a student and making it a group project is the only way to feasibly fund things. Appreciate the input though!
MostlyJokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #18
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyJokes View Post
I'd love to do one by myself someday in the future, but as for now I'm a student and making it a group project is the only way to feasibly fund things. Appreciate the input though!
That's a little different. I hope I don't come across the wrong way with that.
We get a LOT of worthless folks on here with "gofundme" accounts begging folks for free money so they can roam around and buy buses.
They usually include terms like "sustainable", "renewable", and that kind of thing, but none of them do what they say.
More power to you, man. I wish you happy adventures!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:20 PM   #19
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
That's a little different. I hope I don't come across the wrong way with that.
We get a LOT of worthless folks on here with "gofundme" accounts begging folks for free money so they can roam around and buy buses.
They usually include terms like "sustainable", "renewable", and that kind of thing, but none of them do what they say.
More power to you, man. I wish you happy adventures!
Oh, I totally see what you meant now. I probably should've said "group-funded" rather than crowd-funded, because you're right, that's a completely separate category that's closer to begging. Yeah, it's a group of 15-20 of us friends that are all pitching in several hundred dollars to do our bus, so not quite Kickstarter. Good luck to you as well, if somehow I'm able to mobilize the group to get our s**t together early you'll definitely hear an offer from me!
MostlyJokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #20
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,736
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Right on man.
You could easily fit bunks three high in this thing with the extra headroom. But at the same time, its not so tall its unweildy or gawdy looking.
Has a side exit door, and a rear door. Everything behind the driver seat is usable, livable floor space. This is about as spacious as a skoolie gets!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×