Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2018, 07:22 PM   #1

Summer Camp has 6 buses for sale, 3 Crowns, 1 Intl. 1 Blue Bird, 1 Oshkosh

We have 6 buses we are looking to sell immediately. They have all been used for years with our summer camp however we are switching to using 15 passenger vans and would like to clear these out as soon as possible. All have various issues but 5 out of 6 ran for at least part of the summer. Our diesel mechanic has agreed to field any questions to potential buyers. We have a 1980 Crown(manual transmission), 2 1986 Crowns, (Crowns are all black) a 1979 Intl, (painted like an ice cream cake) a 1986 Blue Bird(painted like tie dye) and a 1989 Oshkosh. We would take $3000 a piece for the 2 non-manual Crowns, $5000 for the manual, $2000 each for the rest. Or $12,000 for all 6 if sold together and the buyer agrees to have them off our campus by the end of August. We can offer the buyer a free cabin on campus to stay for up to a week(after Aug 16) while organizing repairs or towing. We are located in Welches Oregon. My email is dan@wearecamp.com. Thanks

DTatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:40 PM   #2

What engine/transmission is in the Bluebird?
Jodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTatt View Post
We have 6 buses we are looking to sell immediately. They have all been used for years with our summer camp however we are switching to using 15 passenger vans and would like to clear these out as soon as possible. All have various issues but 5 out of 6 ran for at least part of the summer. Our diesel mechanic has agreed to field any questions to potential buyers. We have a 1980 Crown(manual transmission), 2 1986 Crowns, (Crowns are all black) a 1979 Intl, (painted like an ice cream cake) a 1986 Blue Bird(painted like tie dye) and a 1989 Oshkosh. We would take $3000 a piece for the 2 non-manual Crowns, $5000 for the manual, $2000 each for the rest. Or $12,000 for all 6 if sold together and the buyer agrees to have them off our campus by the end of August. We can offer the buyer a free cabin on campus to stay for up to a week(after Aug 16) while organizing repairs or towing. We are located in Welches Oregon. My email is dan@wearecamp.com. Thanks
What engine is in the 1980 Crown? How many gears?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Are we suppose to guess which one doesn't run? What are the issues you mention? 5 out of 6 ran for PART of the summer, does this mean all of them may not run?
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

what trans is in the 2 1986 crowns? and what engine?
halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #6

one of the '86 Crowns doesn't run, it may be just a dead battery but it hasn't moved in 3 years, currently the Blue Bird is parked with an e-brake issue. And the '80 Crown is currently down
Old 07-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #7

one of the '86 Crowns doesn't run, it may be just a dead battery but it hasn't moved in 3 years, currently the Blue Bird is parked with an e-brake issue. And the '80 Crown is currently down
Old 07-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #8
Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3L
So, three of six don't move or run. Any guesses as to the condition of the remaining three. OUCH !!
Old 07-24-2018, 11:16 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
I love these guessing threads. no pics, no details, no engine info, private non-commercial operation, I just bet there's issues. Probably only worth a ""No Thanks". I'd only be interested if you gave up a little more info. You may not know, or care, ...but we do. Just because it's a Crown doesn't mean it's worth having, especially after all these years.
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #10

Hi, there are definitely issues with the buses, they need to be looked at by somebody who knows buses. they used to be reliable and we used them for years but we longer need them and they mostly sit undriven. Engine is a Detroit Diesel 8V71 568 cu V8 mid engine
Old 07-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Quote:
Engine is a Detroit Diesel 8V71 568 cu V8 mid engine
I hope it isn't! If it is, we need pictures, lots of 'em, showing the engine and how it's installed.

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:51 PM   #12
Bus Nut

The seller doesn't even respond to PMs. IMO not the best method for winning folks over to your auction. But that's just me.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:49 PM   #13
Bus Nut

This guy is obviously beyond clueless. John nails it though. If a Mid-Engine Crown does have an 8V-71 in it We all would love to see pics. And I'm sure it wouldn't be any use for passenger service(so are you, if you have to ask). Unless he finds someone to describe things better, he's wasting electrons posting anywhere trying to move these, probably beyond any hope, rotted away wrecks. Not worth the drive to look at 'em, especially to tow them home $$$$. Nothing to see here folks. But...But...But...It's a Crown!!!!! The SS United States is available to buy too, if you're a billionaire to get it back in shape enough to run, sort of.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:59 AM   #14
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I'll bet Brant already has a guy going to look at em.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #15

3208 Cat engine with Allison MT653 transimmisison bus runs but has a fried e-brake that will need replacing
Old 07-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #16

sorry for being clueless here but it's true, I really don't know squat about these buses. Ive been tasked with clearing them out of our summer camp campus but I don't want to just give them away. Sorry for the bad info on the engines before, I just spoke to our mechanic The Crown engines are Detroit Horizontal Inline 6's One has been recently rebuilt and one is a manual 4 speed. Transmissions are Allison MT 653 One crown is parked so tightly the battery compartment is blocked in. Its gonna have to be towed out a few feet before we can even get at the battery, one crown is currently broken down but our diesel mechanic is going after it today. And the third starts but we havent driven it in two years. All of these buses have nice sound systems installed. For serious inquiries, I'll give out of mechanics phone number, he's been working on these buses for years, but I don't want to burden him with too many phone calls.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #17

Cat 3208 with Allison MT 653
Old 07-27-2018, 06:54 PM   #18
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I'll bet Brant already has a guy going to look at em.
Brant probably does, and then he'll brag about them and how great and special they are, and how they're his keepers, at the same time he's posting on C'list before he even has title. Oh, and then taking one up several miles of dirt logging road with no room to turnaround, then tearing up the rear diff and many trees while having to attempt it anyway. LOL.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:05 PM   #19
Bus Nut

Quote:
sorry for being clueless here but it's true, I really don't know squat about these buses. Ive been tasked with clearing them out of our summer camp campus but I don't want to just give them away. Sorry for the bad info on the engines before, I just spoke to our mechanic The Crown engines are Detroit Horizontal Inline 6's One has been recently rebuilt and one is a manual 4 speed. Transmissions are Allison MT 653 One crown is parked so tightly the battery compartment is blocked in. Its gonna have to be towed out a few feet before we can even get at the battery, one crown is currently broken down but our diesel mechanic is going after it today. And the third starts but we havent driven it in two years. All of these buses have nice sound systems installed. For serious inquiries, I'll give out of mechanics phone number, he's been working on these buses for years, but I don't want to burden him with too many phone calls.
Detroit Diesel 6-71 inline 6 cylinders, of course they are. 5 speed transmission, Fuller 905 was standard. With all the confusion, I think I'm getting this now. One 6-71 5-spd manual, and two with 6-71's and MT653? (really) automatics, is that correct? How long are they? Two or three axles? Just to be picky, it would be nice to know if they are turbo charged, (I suspect the '86's are) and I don't mean the mechanical Roots blower on top of the engine, exhaust driven turbo chargers, visible through the left side engine door, right in front of your face. And what exactly does "Broken Down" really mean? What and how bad? Comprehensive pics of overall conditions inside and out showing mechanical and tires and such as is usually done. These could be worthwhile, or unmitigated nightmares, and most folks aren't of a mind to take chances on this many unknowns.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #20
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_Guy View Post
Brant probably does, and then he'll brag about them and how great and special they are, and how they're his keepers, at the same time he's posting on C'list before he even has title. Oh, and then taking one up several miles of dirt logging road with no room to turnaround, then tearing up the rear diff and many trees while having to attempt it anyway. LOL.

Doesn't he put them up on Ebay with a stupid high asking price? Or does he just basically hoard them?
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote