Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Too many buses!

Howdy Folks

Some of you may know me, and probably some of us have written back and forth in the past.
I am the school teacher in Fresno who collects buses and fire trucks, and has parts.

I am in a bit of a pickle. I am losing my bus yard in Dinuba, and have had to move my buses and fire trucks to an expensive storage yard in Fresno. So now I am paying $4200 a year for storage, and it is killing me.

I am very good at buying vehicles, and have rarely met a bus or fire truck I didn’t like, my problem is selling them. For the past 8 years, I have always sold just by word of mouth. I’ve only been using the Net for about 5-6 months to make contacts.

I have Too Many vehicles. I just bought 4 fire trucks, and am bidding on two more, but without any real plans on how to dispose of them. I just can’t resist a good deal, and the vehicles are right out of service, shiny, lots of bells and whistles…..….

So, I Have to get rid of some stuff. I had over 24 buses in September, and have already dismantled a half dozen of my parts buses. I have purchased a lot of buses, Crowns and Gilligs, so I would never want for parts for my own bus, then I just got carried away.

For those who have bought something from me in the past, or had friends who have done so, you know that I am 100% honest about my vehicles, it is the best and only way to avoid making headaches and enemies. If you get something from me and don’t like kit, you will never have buyer’s remorse. Just bring it back for a refund, and I’ll sell it to somebody else. Classic vehicles appreciate with age, so no real loss is involved, just time

So, if we have written in the past about buying a bus, write me again and I will lower the price. I have to get the costs down, or I will go from a non profit group to a minus profit group!

OK feel free to write or call.

Patrick Young
1970 Gillig Splendocruiser
Spicer 5 speed --fully manual
Powered by 8V79.5 CAT NA
4 wheel drive (the back ones)
(Aka)
the Wheelchair Project
Fresno, CA
http://www.fresnoalliance.com/wheelchairproject
(559) 244-1042 (559) 251-3814
mailto:WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com

Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
You can give me a fire truck ;)
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Mr Young, I have enjoyed your eBay listing for tires! And a couple other posts and notes here or elsewhere.

I don't know yet if we may do business in the future, but I am in the market for a bus and it cannot be a rear engine. So a Crown "pancake" is a possibility.

But meanwhile I have a stupid question. It pertains to your dillema of storage and of any busses I may aquire that may generate the same problem for me -- since I may wind up with a cheap rear engine bus that I may not want to keep.

Just how hard is it to get rid of a discarded bus? Would it not be possible to simply drive or drag it to a scrap metal yard and turn it in for recycling? I'm thinking that may be the thing to do with a $ 200 bus that is not working out. Do you have any experience with this?

All my best,

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Is he the guy putting those rather strange ads on eBay all about giving a tire and chance and stuff? They were as long as a novel and had an obnoxiously high reserve price IIRC. I enjoyed reading those and was even tempted to bid once ot twice, but I'd hate to win )
Old 03-10-2006, 12:33 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
That's the guy. I think I "need" to meet him. Gotta admire a guy with a sense of humor!

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:42 AM   #6
Skoolie

Patrick, do you have windshield glass for a late 50s to early 70s? It's the "tear drop" shaped ones. Thanks.
davido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:49 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

howdy

you have to call me. I am so busy right now, I cannot answer by typing. got literally 13-15 engines either coming in, or need to be pulled this week.

Thanks

Patrick Young
Bus King of the Great Southwest

CEO/lead engineer/designer of PatBuilt bus
door keys, rated #1 in turnness and holdability,
And PatBuilt bus trailer hitches, the industry
standard since 2006.

mailto:WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com
http://www.fresnoalliance.com/wheelchairproject
(559) 251- 3814 (559) 244-1042