Old 01-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #11

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: 40 ft super coach
Engine: 855 cu in Cummins 250 hp
Re: Travel with a Crown

Actually I would have preferred a standard having done a lot of truck driving. I was able to make the Crown shift pretty much when I wanted it to which helped in the mountains but I would have liked more gears. I did drive a Crown one time many years ago, just made one trip with it and never even paid attention really to what it was, that had a Road Ranger but it was on flat country. The Dodge P.U. we have now has a later model six speed in it with 4.10 gears so I shift six times by the time it is doing 40 mph. Lots of shifting but it sure pulls a trailer easy and gets better mileage than most.
Grandpa Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #12

Hi Grandpa Graf,
Still for sale?
Nonya Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:21 AM   #13

Year: 1973
Chassis: 40 ft super coach
Engine: 855 cu in Cummins 250 hp

Thank you for asking. It looks as though all our negotiations are working out and the bus can be considered sold. Thanks to all who expressed interest. After the years and the miles there definitely is some nostalgia accompanying it. We are on the trip back toward home with the enclosed car hauler we purchased from a factory in GA right now. My challenge is to make it a suitable travel lodge for my wife. Take care all, and happy travels!
Grandpa Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:52 AM   #14
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6-71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Graf
Thank you for asking. It looks as though all our negotiations are working out and the bus can be considered sold. Thanks to all who expressed interest. After the years and the miles there definitely is some nostalgia accompanying it. We are on the trip back toward home with the enclosed car hauler we purchased from a factory in GA right now. My challenge is to make it a suitable travel lodge for my wife. Take care all, and happy travels!

Congrats Mr. Graf! Best wishes on the next endeavor!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=466562
inkblots84 is offline   Reply With Quote