Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2017, 03:11 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
Two Fine Crowns For Sale, 6-71 Detroits, 35ft and 40ft

Many Someones have said they wanted, and wished for, a Crown. So here's two outstanding examples.

Doesn't get any better than this anymore, price and overall conditions are unbeatable, while getting harder and harder to find. So don't let it get away.

Superior condition Charter Operators' '82 35ft 2-axle Crown with turbo 6-71 and 10 spd (non-OD) transmission. Still in service and owners pride and joy. Needs yard space and must part with it. This is a gigantic value and it will give years and years of trouble free service. Pics. $5500.

Very straight and excellent driving '73 40ft 3-axle Tandem Crown with non-turbo 6-71 10 spd (non-OD) does honest 65 mph. One of the best driving Crowns I've ever driven, brought it home 170 miles with no smoke, pulling harder up the hills than it should, didn't try to get hot, ran cool all the way, smooth as silk and quiet inside. no window rattles or anything. All in all a fine example of the best of the Los Angeles built Vintage Crowns. It definitely needs some work, but it's all surface cosmetics and some light mechanical issues, but overall for a bus this old it's in outstanding condition. The engine is believed to have been replaced and new less than 100k miles ago, and believe me it looks, sounds, and drives like it. The entire running gear is tight and runs like the thoroughbred it is. Paint is crap but still serviceable. It's been sitting under a tree with stuff fallen all over the roof. Underlying body condition is totally straight with some light surface rust in the usual places. No corrosion, or cancer noted anywhere, a typical California Crown with normal age, wear, and tear. One minor tear in left front panel under the driver, below the floor, so no leakage into the interior. Easily fixed or patched. An outstanding shell to start with for a conversion with nothing major wrong with it. Pics. $4000

These are both very well priced and should be of interest to anyone serious about getting a proper Crown with little, to no issues, and many decades of low cost enjoyment left in them. They're both located in the Los Angeles area.

Serious inquiries please and be sure you know what you're looking for. If you are, then you'll appreciate these two. Contact via site internal PM / notifications and I'll get back to you and you can ask more questions and make arrangements. I'm available for teaching and instructing in how to properly drive (especially the RoadRanger 10spd) and for delivery/ferry services if you need help getting it home. I'll show you how to drive it on the way home, and work with you while I'm there to help you learn.
Attached Thumbnails
image2_.jpg   image4_.jpg   image5_.jpg   DSCN6171_.jpg   DSCN6173_.jpg  

DSCN6220_.jpg  

Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:49 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 77 pas
OK. I'm interested! Been looking for one forever. Where are you located? I have a list of questions, but I'll get to that. Right I'm drooling at the pics! I WANT one of these.. Unless of course you've already sold them.
Thanks!
Heidi
hjorgrn@gmail.com
hjorg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Check your email
Old 11-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_Guy View Post
Many Someones have said they wanted, and wished for, a Crown. So here's two outstanding examples.

Doesn't get any better than this anymore, price and overall conditions are unbeatable, while getting harder and harder to find. So don't let it get away.

Superior condition Charter Operators' '82 35ft 2-axle Crown with turbo 6-71 and 10 spd (non-OD) transmission. Still in service and owners pride and joy. Needs yard space and must part with it. This is a gigantic value and it will give years and years of trouble free service. Pics. $5500.

Very straight and excellent driving '73 40ft 3-axle Tandem Crown with non-turbo 6-71 10 spd (non-OD) does honest 65 mph. One of the best driving Crowns I've ever driven, brought it home 170 miles with no smoke, pulling harder up the hills than it should, didn't try to get hot, ran cool all the way, smooth as silk and quiet inside. no window rattles or anything. All in all a fine example of the best of the Los Angeles built Vintage Crowns. It definitely needs some work, but it's all surface cosmetics and some light mechanical issues, but overall for a bus this old it's in outstanding condition. The engine is believed to have been replaced and new less than 100k miles ago, and believe me it looks, sounds, and drives like it. The entire running gear is tight and runs like the thoroughbred it is. Paint is crap but still serviceable. It's been sitting under a tree with stuff fallen all over the roof. Underlying body condition is totally straight with some light surface rust in the usual places. No corrosion, or cancer noted anywhere, a typical California Crown with normal age, wear, and tear. One minor tear in left front panel under the driver, below the floor, so no leakage into the interior. Easily fixed or patched. An outstanding shell to start with for a conversion with nothing major wrong with it. Pics. $4000

These are both very well priced and should be of interest to anyone serious about getting a proper Crown with little, to no issues, and many decades of low cost enjoyment left in them. They're both located in the Los Angeles area.

Serious inquiries please and be sure you know what you're looking for. If you are, then you'll appreciate these two. Contact via site internal PM / notifications and I'll get back to you and you can ask more questions and make arrangements. I'm available for teaching and instructing in how to properly drive (especially the RoadRanger 10spd) and for delivery/ferry services if you need help getting it home. I'll show you how to drive it on the way home, and work with you while I'm there to help you learn.

Hey there, sent a message to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Missmichelleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Mismichelleb. I've sent three separate replies using the internal PM that you sent to me. I still see no indications they were ever sent back to you. I don't like to do this, but you can contact me direct at mikemcc2k@yahoo.com and we can arrange to meet. The '72 is still available and located near Riverside. I won't say more here until we can talk directly.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:05 AM   #6

I'm very interested! Please contact me @ maniaclese@gmail.com. Thanks
Spindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:22 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1980
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Transit Coach 40'
Engine: Cummins 855 (Big Cam III)
Rated Cap: 90
Any chance one of these is still available?

Is there any chance one of these is still available?
eragon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #8

I echo the sentiment, either still available?
BigBussDontCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:17 PM   #9
Bus Nut

These are both no longer available. But I do know of a '78 35 ft Crown with an automatic transmission and 6-71 that's available, BUT, it comes with some complications which I can take care of for any truly interested potential buyer. The overall condition is excellent and it's been well taken care of by the school district that owns it. But the engine needs work and for anyone willing to buy it, they would get the benefit of a repaired and ready go vehicle capable of another 20 years of use. All for about what the current market prices are today for a runner, of dubious condition. I won't say any more here, except to encourage any truly interested party to email me direct and I'll explain everything. It's worth it, and with the fast rising prices, it's viable to consider fixing, and saving, any basically sound Crown for your own personal use, with the confidence of knowing whats been done to it, and not just taking some sellers word for it's overall running condition. Please be serious, because I most certainly am.
My email is mikemcc2k@yahoo.com
Old 02-14-2019, 09:27 AM   #10

I’m in San Diego through this weekend. Please forward info to my email. Thx
Nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:06 AM   #11
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider View Post
I’m in San Diego through this weekend. Please forward info to my email. Thx

I've sent you a PM which can be iffy sometimes, but you should email me and I'll give you info about the '78 Crown I have. I also replied to your other posts on other threads. I'm in the Los Angeles area and the bus is in Riverside. If you can manage to get up this way I can show it to you and we can take my Crown for a spin. I don't know how much you know about Crowns but I can work with you at whatever level you can handle to get you up to speed.

I can't find your email info..... so you should contact me and we can do it that way.

Let me know. mikemcc2k@yahoo.com