Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Re: Up for trade - 60 ft New Flyer and a BookMobile

welcome back!!

some of us were wondering where you went.

i'd love to get my hands on a 60 footer.....you sure you don't need a jacuzzi bus?

It can store plenty of water!

jacuzzi bus has a trailer hitch too

and a generator

and cooking facilities

and a 50 foot flame thrower

a roof rack

and proven drivetrain that has driven from michigna to nevada and back twice

--jason

Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
Bus Geek

i have a pair of geni's for the bus. When i go to burningman, which is a big party in the desert, i make sure to have both geni's just in case something goes wrong with one.

i have a brand new honda eu2000i and a cheap coleman 6,500 watt geni that does 110/220 volts. That honda averages 15 hours per gallon of fuel and is ultra quiet.

bus is a 1990 international/thomas with dt360 turbo diesel, at545 allison trans, i forget exact mileage but i think it's about 205,000. it had 180,000 when i purchased it. Besides the alternator i havne't had any mechanical problems that i can remember.

you probably wouln't be interested in the bus as a camper. I'm sure there are other buses closer to La. the biggest drawback to using the jacuzzi bus as a camper is that my fancy sunroof over the jacuzzi isn't wheatherproof. Not a big deal if it rains and water gets into your jacuzzi, way uncool however if rain gets on your camping/living stuff you piled on top of the jacuzzi cover. With a little work and a little $$, i'm sure the roof could be made weather tight.

the bus is 37 feet long from bumper to bumper. I don't know how long it is inside, but about 30 feet of interior space. I do have a removable back porch that adds 5 feet to the bus that i use to carry my 800 pound yamaha v-max motorcycle.

i did just build a different jacuzzi bus for a guy designed for 6 people to live in full time.

what would it take to create living quarters in my current bus? I guess that depends what your needs are. A sink, shower and a potty would be a welcome addition.

i designed the bus as a party bus. one of the features is that nearly everything except the jacuzzi can be removed to allow the bus to have a good interior cleaning. Every year when i get back from the desert, i spend a couple days removing everything, spraying the inside of hte bus down with a garden hose, then putting everything back in place. One thing that drives me mental is having a bus that can't be cleaned!

The bus currently has a great couch to sleep on, and can accomidate sleeping for 6. It also has 12 foot of convertable roof over the jacuzzi.
There is a 2000W inverter with a pair of golf cart deep cycle batteries, toaster, microwave, coffee pot, electric griddle, 12 volt electric cooler, 110 gallon heated veggie tanks, within the past year i've purchased: new 190 amp leece neville alternator, new engine belts, new 8D starting battery, and new steer tires.

the bus is a proven chick magnet....actually, it's a people magnet. everywhere the bus goes it's the talk of the town.

if i had the proper motivation, i could remove the jacuzzi and build whatever you want inside the bus

tell me more about that 60 footer...enigne, trans, mileage, any known problems,

--jason
Old 07-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
Bus Geek

does the A/C work on that artic?

are you seriously considering trading the 60 footer for the jacuzzi bus?
here's the bus' website: http://geocities.com/blackplaguetour/

you can pull anything you want with the trailer hitch. it was welded up by a retired skilled trades welder from general motors. I pulled a trailer that was well over 10K pounds to nevada and back last year.

here are some pic's: she does have a new steel roof rack that's not in the photos

[img]http://www.geocities.com/lapeer20m/zinterior.jpg[img]

i'll get more photos if you want
Old 07-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Skoolie

I have a 89 TC2000 that runs on veggie oil that I'd be willing to trade for the 60 footer.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
Bus Geek

what kind of gallons per mile does that thing get? lol

1000th post in this forum....that's pretty cool

my life would be a lot easier if i take my current jacuzzi bus to burningman, but if something comes up and you decide you're in more of a hurry i think i could get the 60 footer ready for burningman if we traded before aug 1st.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
Bus Geek

oh the possibilities!

I really like the idea of twin jacuzzi's, especially if i put a slightly smaller one up front so you could stil lwalk around it. It would cost a lot of money in registration and insurnace, but i would contemplate turning it into a limo/party bus for hire. Who wouldn't want a ride in a bus with 2 jacuzzi's! I don't think i want to know what it costs to register a commercial vehicle with a gvw of 60k pounds....ugggg. Probably $2K per year.

to be perfectly honest, i don't need a 60 footer. i'm quite content with the bus i have now. it's kind of nice to have a project that's nearly finished..... who am i kidding? i get bored easily and i'm always looking for a new project.

september or later would be great. i seem to do some of my best projects during the winter. It sucks trying to work on a project when it's 15 degrees outside, but for whatever reason that's the time of year i seem to get the most done. Perhaps it's because in the summer when the weather is nice i have too much going on.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #7
Bus Geek

hopefully she's still there come mid september

we're already started laying out the floor plan for that beast

i decided not to put a jacuzzi inside......

we're going to install 2 jacuzzi's! A smaller one up from that leaves 18-24 inches of clearance to walk around, and a bigger one in the back.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #8
Bus Geek

i'll post plenty of photos! Perhaps even a video.

i appreciate you giving me this opportunity.....assuming someone doesn't buy it before i do