Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: t444e
Value on '98 shorty

7 window thomas with about 190k DT466e MT643 no rust good tires not really beat up, runs good, shifts good all fluids clean. Thoughts on value at auction?

ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:25 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Chassis: E-450
Engine: 7.3 Turbo
That depends on what type of auction and how much 'attention' it gets. A local live bidding only auction tends to have lower prices than an online auction. Online auctions from more 'niche' sites like publicsurplus or govdeals in turn usually have lower prices than ebay. An ebay auction is exposed to the world where any random person may decide to throw some money at an item with a credit card, where as a live auction requires MUCH more planning and cash deposits.

That being said, I'd expect a bus like that to go for between $2000 and $3750. I've seen plenty of buses go lower than that, but with that engine and tranny combo there will be enough attention to at least drive it up to $2000, even if it is a small, local auction. Factors driving the price down are the age and size. Too old to be used for school purposes, and too small for many people's preferences for an RV conversion. Meanwhile its too big for many churches or other entities that are looking to easily shuttle groups of people.

If I had to take a stab at the final bid price, I'd say about $2500-2900. If its in really good condition it could definitely be higher though.

*Edited because I read a key factor wrong!
PigPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #3
Skoolie

The one I'm eyeing is in this auction https://www.onlinepros.com/servlet/S...goryName=Buses

I fired up every bus with air brakes and there was another guy there looking to do a skoolie, we talked and compared notes and had pretty much the same conclusions about which buses were best. lot #11 is in the best condition and the only bus with both acs blowing cold but $4900 as of 11:30 is wayyyyyy too steep for me

edit: I suppose I should have mentioned in op they all have wheelchair lifts
Old 05-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Chassis: E-450
Engine: 7.3 Turbo
Wow was I off! I'd say its a bit on the high side, but they do seem to be in pretty good condition.
PigPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #5
Skoolie

I think your number should be right but Houston is famous for folks having more money then sense
Old 05-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen View Post
Wow was I off! I'd say its a bit on the high side, but they do seem to be in pretty good condition.
Yeah they look nice.
But darn near dealer prices!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote