Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: WANT TO BUY CROWN BUSES:

mokibrabrant, welcome back.

Its good to see you still here with us.
I find your more recent posts much easier to understand.
I too sometimes get over excited about something I'm passionate about.

Internet communication can be more difficult than communicating on the phone or face to face. Structure of sentences, paragraphs, and wording are really important. I'm also still learning and getting better at this.

Good luck with the Crowns. I hope your able to help many others find their dream coach.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78

Postby mntnaslm Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:22 pm
A friend of mine is selling 3 Crowns in Long Beach, CA
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/fo ... 82987.html

Well aware of these Crowns thanks for posting: And I hope they all find good homes which I'm sure eventually they will. There seems to be an impression here, don't know where it came from that I am some kind of a Bus impresario that is in the Business of buying and selling Buses: Not the case at all. Eventually, I will narrow my mini-fleet down to a couple I'm sure........I have 5 buses and an Armageddon Rig now: The Crowns in Long beach appear to be nice Crowns. Downside for me is the auto transmission, and coupled with the detroit 671 they are not going to perform AS I LIKE THEM TO. Doesn't mean they won't fit the bill for someone else: Now, if any of these Crowns had the 10 speed with OD I might have gone after one a couple months ago when I first became aware they were for sale.

It may interest some who followed the thread that is currently locked that in spite of the seeming acrimony, and hard ball tactics on my part to get at the Substantive truth of the Crown that was the topic of that thread: The middleman and I are still talking. Though he is adamant in not providing contact with the actual owner: There have been notable twists and turns in the story, other people who claim to know the location: It wouldn't be terribly surprising that I end up with the Tandem 300HP 10 speed but it will not be for the advertised 4 thousand dollars. It never would be 4K that was kind of a come on. And I won't belabor it further: But I'd say as of this writing chances are 65% this Crown will be mine: Probably means little to most of you, but I thought I'd provide the update for those who still hold some interest
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tandem8.jpg (599.2 KB, 1036 views)
Old 01-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Is that engine laying on it's side? Factory dry sump?

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:45 AM   #14
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78

Postby nat_ster Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:38 pm
Is that engine laying on it's side? Factory dry sump?

Don't know what you mean by
Factory Dry Sump..........There is a pan specially designed, and has "squirters" that catch the bottom end crank and pistons: The amidship engines used in Crowns, Hall Scott, 671TA Detroit as well as the various configurations of the Cummins were all laid in there on their sides at 80 degrees.. o
Old 10-03-2014, 01:21 AM   #15

Year: 1995
Coachwork: genesis
Chassis: international
Engine: 466
Rated Cap: 21

check out this site http://www.publicsurplus.com/ they come an go all the time. ps if you get your bus to hawaii i'll make plans to rent it from you for few weeks. goodluck
curtisakalefty is offline   Reply With Quote