Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
WANT TO BUY CROWN BUSES:

I'VE MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH

I'm always looking to buy The Finest Coach ever laid down on the asphalt ribbons of the American Highway:

My preference is for those Crowns out-fitted with the 855 block Cummins 290 to 335 HP. The preference would be for the 10 speed RoadRanger with OD. However, if the Crown is equipped with the HP described above, Any transmission is not a deal killer: From the Allison Ht740 right on Through to the Eaton Fuller or even the Spicer 5 speed.

If you do have a Crown, sitting around, and have entertained the thought of Selling; Please feel free to contact me: Thanks in advance for your time. MOKI.........

It is highly desired that You have first hand knowledge as to the Condition of any Crown you might offer. It Runs: It Airs up, holds air and is safe. Electrics and Gauges and Steering function as they should. Or don't. I just ask honesty in appraisal of your vehicle. Again thank you for your time.

Attached Thumbnails
7crown1.jpg   86crown3.jpg  

Old 01-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: WANT TO BUY CROWN BUSES:

welcome back, I wish you good luck...they are pretty buses that's for sure
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Agreed.......and Thank You

Beyond their beauty the build quality is unsurpassed in my opinion: The highest tensile strength steel, all interior window framing etc is polished stainless, and the largest brakes ever used on a schoolie and Mid-Engined.......the importance of that, from my standpoint cannot be overly emphasized. ......................Moki
Old 01-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
Bus Nut

It's really incredible: I still have the entirety of the deleted thread somehow saved to my disk: It seems to be bookmarked........It brings back such fond memories [/b]
Old 01-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 72

The thread is still there, it's just locked. That way we can reread, reminisce, and have a good chuckle

Brutus
JakeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeC
The thread is still there, it's just locked. That way we can reread, reminisce, and have a good chuckle
My only regret is that the amount of work product didn't produce the desired result. It was after all about the Crown. I know a very wise member of this board Insists that it's about the journey not the destination. I agree with that to a certain extent. However where ever the journey ends invariably becomes the destination:

I'm still pursuing the truth of this Coach. Albeit without the middle man......this journey as well as its destination are yet to be understood.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #7

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Are you shipping these to Hawaii?

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:15 AM   #8
Bus Nut

These will not go to Hawaii..............they go to Oregon for outfitting: and maintenance. My little Bluebird may come however, at 28 feet it's more suited to the Islands......and won't kill me financially to ship like a Crown would........Your looking at about 8K to bring a Crown to Hawaii, and then parking etc. Well your just looking for trouble.......But I like my little Blue Bird a lot: Knocked the HP up to 225 it's got 3.54 rears and it's a blast to drive: But don't let that get out to the purists in the Crown community......they're a little snobby. I put 1200 miles on it in four days, and it never missed a beat: yanked the seats, layed a 6000 watt inverter in there, and installed an awesome work bench in there: Love that little bird. No complaints at all: Last year for the 12 Valve.......bought this out of the Edmunds School District......Nice little Bus
Attached Thumbnails
28bluebird4.jpg  
Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokibrabrant
My only regret is that the amount of work product didn't produce the desired result. It was after all about the Crown. I know a very wise member of this board Insists that it's about the journey not the destination. I agree with that to a certain extent. However where ever the journey ends invariably becomes the destination:

I'm still pursuing the truth of this Coach. Albeit without the middle man......this journey as well as its destination are yet to be understood.
I'm actually going to respond to this seriously, because it's something I care about. That saying is obviously referencing life as a whole, not specific situations. I don't ever want to get comfortable enough in life, that I feel I've "arrived", reached my destination. I also don't want to ever get so focused on something that I am reaching for, that I forget to enjoy, and fully experience, the present. Yes, there will be mile-markers along the way, moments of victory, but those brief moments aren't the destination. Some of my goals are high enough, I don't even know if they are attainable. I'll know when I get there though, and then I'll reach higher.

Ok, back to my normal, immature, "I think I'm hilarious" self

Brutus
JakeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

A friend of mine is selling 3 Crowns in Long Beach, CA
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...258382987.html
Old 01-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins

mokibrabrant, welcome back.

Its good to see you still here with us.
I find your more recent posts much easier to understand.
I too sometimes get over excited about something I'm passionate about.

Internet communication can be more difficult than communicating on the phone or face to face. Structure of sentences, paragraphs, and wording are really important. I'm also still learning and getting better at this.

Good luck with the Crowns. I hope your able to help many others find their dream coach.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Postby mntnaslm » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:22 pm
A friend of mine is selling 3 Crowns in Long Beach, CA
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/fo ... 82987.html

Well aware of these Crowns thanks for posting: And I hope they all find good homes which I'm sure eventually they will. There seems to be an impression here, don't know where it came from that I am some kind of a Bus impresario that is in the Business of buying and selling Buses: Not the case at all. Eventually, I will narrow my mini-fleet down to a couple I'm sure........I have 5 buses and an Armageddon Rig now: The Crowns in Long beach appear to be nice Crowns. Downside for me is the auto transmission, and coupled with the detroit 671 they are not going to perform AS I LIKE THEM TO. Doesn't mean they won't fit the bill for someone else: Now, if any of these Crowns had the 10 speed with OD I might have gone after one a couple months ago when I first became aware they were for sale.

It may interest some who followed the thread that is currently locked that in spite of the seeming acrimony, and hard ball tactics on my part to get at the Substantive truth of the Crown that was the topic of that thread: The middleman and I are still talking. Though he is adamant in not providing contact with the actual owner: There have been notable twists and turns in the story, other people who claim to know the location: It wouldn't be terribly surprising that I end up with the Tandem 300HP 10 speed but it will not be for the advertised 4 thousand dollars. It never would be 4K that was kind of a come on. And I won't belabor it further: But I'd say as of this writing chances are 65% this Crown will be mine: Probably means little to most of you, but I thought I'd provide the update for those who still hold some interest
Attached Thumbnails
tandem8.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins

Is that engine laying on it's side? Factory dry sump?

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Postby nat_ster » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:38 pm
Is that engine laying on it's side? Factory dry sump?

Don't know what you mean by
Factory Dry Sump..........There is a pan specially designed, and has "squirters" that catch the bottom end crank and pistons: The amidship engines used in Crowns, Hall Scott, 671TA Detroit as well as the various configurations of the Cummins were all laid in there on their sides at 80 degrees.. o
Old 10-03-2014, 12:21 AM   #15

Year: 1995
Coachwork: genesis
Chassis: international
Engine: 466
Rated Cap: 21

check out this site http://www.publicsurplus.com/ they come an go all the time. ps if you get your bus to hawaii i'll make plans to rent it from you for few weeks. goodluck
curtisakalefty is offline   Reply With Quote