Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #1

WANTED: School Bus in good condition w/Diesel engine

Hello!

A 501 c3 organization I work with, Democracy Uprising, is in need of a bus to convert from diesel to grease for a 3-month tour this Summer. We're looking for something in good working condition that will fare well from Socal to WA, to Chicago to NY... basically, to go everywhere. We're most interested in donations; though get in touch if you're selling on the cheap as well!

Thanks,
Alex
alex @ democracyuprising . org

http://www.democracyuprising.org

Alex Baumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
Almost There

Send a message via MSN to glock17
liberals, always wanting something for free, not wanting to work for it.
glock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via Yahoo to stego
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock17
liberals, always wanting something for free, not wanting to work for it.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: Gill
Coachwork: Gillig
Engine: 636 c.i. CAT V8
Rated Cap: 33,700 GVWR
Well friends, I happen to know the nice folks who are asking for bus help, and they are not parasites. If you suck up to those in power, there's always ample money available, if not, then you have to "beg" and you won't get much.

With that said, I still expect people who can to pay. It makes you more resilient and resourceful. I've been doing it since I ws sixteen, never hurt me yet.

It's interesting that ever since the folks in power (Exxon/Mobil, Chevron/Texaco, General Dynamics, Walmart, etc.) and their paid mouthpieces , who are robbing us blind, have deemed liberals the next "great source of evil", many people bleat the same nonsense.

Who do you expect to keep an eye on these corporate crooks, the conservatives?????????

The Jerry Falwells of the world, and their far-right wing churches with a definite political agenda (which is Technically illegal) beg for money all the time, quite successfuhlly, yet no one calls them "people who want something for nothing.

C'mon, let's think before we just repeat (un)truisms.

Patrick Young
Conservative on some things, liberal on others, like most folks.

p.s. let's keep this forum about buses, and not about politics. Yes, I'm guilty too, but I couldn't resist responding to such an obvious slander by someone who doesn't even know the original
author(s), yet feels free to say nasty things.
(559) 244-1042
(559) 251-3814
mailto:WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com
https://fresnoalliance.com/WheelchairProject
Gilligs/Crowns and Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:18 AM   #5
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
I politely disagree with you Patrick and he's not repeating anything more than his own opinion. No need to get personal. I have not seen you ask us for a free or cheap bus, you find your own or the money. If I came here and registered just so I could post once asking for a handout I could and should expect the same response. This is a school bus conversion network. We are best to keep politics out of this.
Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:50 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to alphamaster Send a message via Yahoo to alphamaster
uhm.. back to the point of the schoolbus..
I am also looking for a desiel something on the westcoast to eventually convert to veggie oil on a budget.
If anyone is willing to work some sort of something out, or anything, then please send me an email.
mailto:taeblahblah@msn.com

..thanks.
alphamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Well, I still have my 82 Thomas. It's nearly ready for whatever you want to do to the interior. It needs some front end work, it's a diesel, and it's for sale for $1500. It'll be going up on ebay in the next couple of days. I've had to delay the auction listing due to having freezing weather roll in literally the night that I took delivery of my new (to me) class A diesel pusher. It ended up being dewinterized for the PDI, and I had no chance to fill the propane tank, and took delivery with a known battery problem (part of why I got it $10k under book). I've been working seemingly full time in keeping the coach from freezing up due to having only 1/4 tank of propane, and no chance to prep for the cold.

You can see the ad with pictures a few threads below this one.
2006 Chevy Aveo LS
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote