Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #1

Thumbs down Who is Pacificcoast on public surplus? Auction rigged;fishy?

Does anyone know who Pacificcoast is on public surplus is. I was bidding on 1990 Gillig phantom. There were 6 up for auction and they got sold for cheaper than myself and others bid on and a couple ended early. I am sure this guy is going to turn around and sell them for an arm and a leg and I will see them posted on some of the other websites that i use. I am all for arbitrage but this guy is always on there and when he is the sales seem to be weird, wonky, rigged, suspicious, or what have you may. And yes before you ask I have already filed multiple complaints with and against public surplus. What good is an auction website if it is not run efficiently or others are openly or obviously cheating (hacking) ?!?!?!?

Old 10-12-2015, 07:36 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
IDK, I never had any luck on PS myself. I got mine on GovDeals and their customer support was great. I've bid on PS auctions plenty, I'm still shopping for a van every time I have a couple grand to spend. But no matter what I bid, someone will always ALWAYS outbid be on PS. I'd think with the bid deposits that PS would have less competition, but that seems to not be the case.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:52 PM   #3

For some reason they did not have a bid deposit??? Go figure.... Guess this is what happens.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
I can see how that would be frustrating. I couldn't find any mention in the Public Surplus terms, conditions, etc about early termination or cancellation of auctions -- not being disallowed, one might assume that an auction can be cancelled due to change of heart, prior sale, or whatever reason. If a particular seller had a pattern of that, I could see reason for bringing a complaint on the "wronging a buyer" clause of the T&C..

You could try contacting the selling entities to ask what happened with the lots you identified. It might be that if a person shows up and makes a "reasonable offer," they're allowed to simply accept it and cancel the auction rather than being bound to let the auction complete. Arbitrage, as you said.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:08 PM   #5

I think I forgot to mention the Pacificcoast bidder won all 6 buses!
Old 10-12-2015, 11:29 PM   #6
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom Schoolbus
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6v92TA
Rated Cap: 84
wasn't this the auction where it said something along the lines of "we'll entertain offers for all 6 buses purchased as a group"?

Maybe he contacted them and made an offer for purchasing all of them together? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I saw this auction like two days ago when I was poking around.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:34 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International S1800
Engine: DT466 Trans: MT643
Rated Cap: 65
I think it's that mokibrahbrant guy. aka 'crowning around' on facebook.
we get deals on lots of buses, too for offering to buy em all at once.
theres a auction for 50 buses on public surplus now.
doesn't seem fair, but the auction world doesn't really cater to individual/non-commercial buyers
Instragram: @lookatthatbus
Old 10-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_m View Post
doesn't seem fair, but the auction world doesn't really cater to individual/non-commercial buyers
I have seen him brag on this site about running up bids just to cost other people big money.

Not vary skoolie hospitable IMO.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
Old 10-13-2015, 07:01 AM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_m View Post
Brant uses his same screen name on there, at least I'm 99.9% sure he does. I've seen his bids... Maybe Cowlitzcoach is the buyer but I'm not so sure its anyone from this site. Could be anyone. Likely an exporter.
I've definitely seen Pacificcoast on there buying em up. I'm pretty sure that's who Brant was bidding against on the Cali Gilligs a few months ago.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:23 AM   #10

I contacted my grade school friend who lives out in California (I live near Dallas, TX) and he is going to drive up to Modesto, CA and talk to them and see if they will accept a cash offer in person. Well, wish me luck everyone. I hope I have good news to post to you guys later today.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:48 AM   #11

Charles_m - If the City of Modesto, CA does not accept my offer, I was wondering what price range you are selling your buses at? I remember when I saw you had a couple of boats posted. Do you have any boats that you are currently selling?
Old 10-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #12

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisoldbus View Post
I contacted my grade school friend who lives out in California (I live near Dallas, TX) and he is going to drive up to Modesto, CA and talk to them and see if they will accept a cash offer in person. Well, wish me luck everyone. I hope I have good news to post to you guys later today.

Not exactly sure what you think a cash offer will accomplish.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 10-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #13

Talking and treating others

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
Not exactly sure what you think a cash offer will accomplish.
Well, I have bid on a few other things on public surplus and lost. A few were by Dutch Auction and it had glitches with their system and I was able to do an end run directly with the seller since I had the highest bid they just sold it to me directly and public surplus gave their okay since it was their error. I think I gave a clear idea of what I think it will accomplish. I am not sure what your question is; or if it is even a question.?. Sometimes people are willing to work with you especially if you talk and treat them with respect and use your manners; it seems to have worked for me my entire life so I am going to roll with it.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Well, I have bid on a few other things on public surplus and lost. A few were by Dutch Auction and it had glitches with their system and I was able to do an end run directly with the seller since I had the highest bid they just sold it to me directly and public surplus gave their okay since it was their error. I think I gave a clear idea of what I think it will accomplish. I am not sure what your question is; or if it is even a question.?. Sometimes people are willing to work with you especially if you talk and treat them with respect and use your manners; it seems to have worked for me my entire life so I am going to roll with it.

Good luck with your cash offer. Maybe they will knock a couple grand because you are polite and maybe a couple grand more because you are offering cash. They can hide the cash from the IRS so they don't need to declare it on their tax return. Oh wait.

If you were clear in what you said, I wouldn't have asked for clarification.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 10-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
Good luck with your cash offer. Maybe they will knock a couple grand because you are polite and maybe a couple grand more because you are offering cash. They can hide the cash from the IRS so they don't need to declare it on their tax return. Oh wait.

If you were clear in what you said, I wouldn't have asked for clarification.
Thanks for wishing me luck. Especially in a passive aggressive I know better than you tone. Gotta love keyboard warriors who are much braver in front of a keyboard than in real life. Being a woman who has served in the military I have learned to deal with men with Napoleon complexes (in more than one ways). I don't go looking for a fight especially behind a keyboard but Uncle Sam gave me the tools to defend myself. If you ever want to have a civilized, non-passive aggressive, adult discussion or if you have any beneficial skoolie advice or knowledge you would care to share in a less patronizing way I am all ears. 🙉 Go pick on/bully someone else who has low self esteem and will put up with your nonsense.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Personally, I have always found "cash" to be an excellent bargaining tool. It has yielded significant results over the years in a wide variety of situations.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #17
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Tomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Personally, I have always found "cash" to be an excellent bargaining tool. It has yielded significant results over the years in a wide variety of situations.
Yep, I don't know a single trades person who wont knock off a couple hundred Canadian pesos if you offer cash and a case of Molson!
Old 10-14-2015, 01:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Thanks for wishing me luck. Especially in a passive aggressive I know better than you tone. Gotta love keyboard warriors who are much braver in front of a keyboard than in real life. Being a woman who has served in the military I have learned to deal with men with Napoleon complexes (in more than one ways). I don't go looking for a fight especially behind a keyboard but Uncle Sam gave me the tools to defend myself. If you ever want to have a civilized, non-passive aggressive, adult discussion or if you have any beneficial skoolie advice or knowledge you would care to share in a less patronizing way I am all ears. 🙉 Go pick on/bully someone else who has low self esteem and will put up with your nonsense.

OK, I'll play. First, I don't know if you are a woman or a man. Don't much care. As far as your passive aggressive psycho babble, I just asked what offering cash would accomplish. At this time, Modesto has a bus that is at $2000 without reserve being met. The last time I saw one of their buses being auctioned off, it brought crazy money. Here is the listing. $17,100 plus 10%. That is a total of $18,810. So I asked what you thought offering cash would accomplish.

This is a public agency. They don't care about your cash. They don't care about your manners. They don't care about your eye lashes. They care about their incredibly high reserves being met and getting paid. If you can work a cash deal, good for you. Congrats.

I am sorry if my comments made you butthurt. That was not my intention. As far as playing the girl card, bullying card, passive aggressive card, if that works good for you in life, have at it.
Attached Thumbnails
modesto bus.png  

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 10-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #19

I guess you or your friend haven't showed up there because that $2000 bus is now at $5600 and the reserve is still not met.

Public Surplus: Auction #1454812

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Closed Thread

Tags
auction, complaint, public surplus