Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific North Wet
Posts: 1,346
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Another one rides the bus.....

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-41561294/us-man-clings-to-moving-school-bus
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,456
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-41561294/us-man-clings-to-moving-school-bus
Saw that. In the old days, you'd call the school and the Principal would fix their wagon.

__________________
What I do when nothing is on tv... : My Nemesis
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific North Wet
Posts: 1,346
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I think that my generation may have been the beginning of the end.

I remember, in Jr high, being sent home with a "corpral punishment waiver". In other words, if we could talk our parents into signing it, no more spanking at school.

Did my father sign it? Heck no. He told me " son, if the principal thinks that you need a spanking, he has my full support. And, when you get home you will get another from me"

Did I respect the principal? You bet your butt.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 11,199
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I think that my generation may have been the beginning of the end.

I remember, in Jr high, being sent home with a "corpral punishment waiver". In other words, if we could talk our parents into signing it, no more spanking at school.

Did my father sign it? Heck no. He told me " son, if the principal thinks that you need a spanking, he has my full support. And, when you get home you will get another from me"

Did I respect the principal? You bet your butt.
Same here, man.
But worse-
Its sad watching the "participation trophy" generation come of age. Weenies!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific North Wet
Posts: 1,346
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Same here, man.
But worse-
Its sad watching the "participation trophy" generation come of age. Weenies!
No doubt!!!
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #6
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MD near DC
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I think that my generation may have been the beginning of the end.

I remember, in Jr high, being sent home with a "corpral punishment waiver". In other words, if we could talk our parents into signing it, no more spanking at school.

Did my father sign it? Heck no. He told me " son, if the principal thinks that you need a spanking, he has my full support. And, when you get home you will get another from me"

Did I respect the principal? You bet your butt.
Are you confusing respect with fear?
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific North Wet
Posts: 1,346
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Perhaps "treated the principal with respect" would have been a better choice of words.

That said. I did respect the man.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.