Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #41

New Orleans Bus yard

I saw the same pic. with the caption - "Why weren't they used in the evacuation? "

Hmmm. Interesting question.

I wonder that myself.

American_pride_291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:37 AM   #42
Bus Geek

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4634748909

i made a link to the ebay page....

it's interesting that it seems to be nearly identical to the last description, but it is a different seller. The last seller had 0 feedback, and this one has nearly 200. The sellers name includes the word Ohio...that's a long ways from NO!
Old 07-16-2006, 04:58 PM   #43

Im from New Orleans, rode the storm out in lakeview (10 feet of water).
The neighborhood is too big to drive through deep water like that. it would be like driving through a lake. anyway, do you guys think the tires woud be salvagable? mine are almost bald!
DonkeyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:35 PM   #44
wtd
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas TransitLiner
Well, since the guy on the website said that they were only selling these as whole busses, not parting them out, combined with the last price I saw of about $3900, it seems a rather expensive way to buy used tires.

But to answer your question, I've never heard of a 'water damaged' tire.
To be perfectly honest, that's why I moved out here to the desert - none of that dodging unexpected puddles and such. It only rains about twice a year here, so during those times (about 20 minutes a time) you can safely move up into the nearby mountains to avoid the possibility of standing water hazards. You can't be too careful with your tires ....
Old 08-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #45
Almost There

Re: new orleans buses

looks like someones up to selling old new Orleans buses again..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Fre ... 0153784017

Theres several freightliners on ebay. 2005 and 2006. $$27,700. wow, for a katrina bus?
behappystupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #46
Bus Geek

i'll pay $27.27 for one
Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #47
Almost There

Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60

The sad thing is all those buses were fueled up and ready to go, but mayor Nagin requested the goverment send greyhound buses for his people of the choclate city. And one more thing, those buses were only a couple months old. Purchaced with our tax dollars. The picture you see there is after the pumps got started days latter,and salt water isn't thing that got in them not far from there are chemical and oil refinerys. No there aint no school buses there, I'm afaid what we have there are boat anchors.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #48
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
The sad thing is all those buses were fueled up and ready to go, but mayor Nagin requested the goverment send greyhound buses for his people of the choclate city. And one more thing, those buses were only a couple months old. Purchaced with our tax dollars. The picture you see there is after the pumps got started days latter,and salt water isn't thing that got in them not far from there are chemical and oil refinerys. No there aint no school buses there, I'm afaid what we have there are boat anchors.
I'd bet serious money I could have driven plenty of them out of there. Anything pre-1994 with a standard shift, I'd almost guarantee it.

If I hadn't been almost finished converting my B700, I'd have gone down there & brought an International or Freightliner back.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote