Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #1

Getting ready to convert an 86 International

I'm planning on putting the veggie tank (a 55 gallon drum) behind the drivers seat. How is the lift pump on those buses? Do I need an aux. pusher pump?
What about coolant flow? How much hose do you think I can add to the coolant system before I would need a second pump?

Kalanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
Skoolie

Re: Getting ready to convert an 86 International

Hey I got my tank mounted behind the seat. Good first design just to get stuff running but not a permanent thing. Heat is always on. I'll talk to you more but got to run now.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800
Rated Cap: 36

I'm getting ready to convert my 1996 International. Do you have any suggestions from what you learned?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
Skoolie

Yeah the drum behind the seat works very well in the beggining. It allows you to see everything working/leaking. You can really get a good grasp on how the veggie moves and heats up. Get a pyrometer (infared thermometer) for like $40 from pepboys. It will show you how hot certain places are getting. Also get a inline sight glass from napa $10. and have it so you can see your veggieline right before it goes into the lift pump so you can see air bubbles or whatnot.

I am currently, at this very second, trying to get a 60gallon bus fuel tank ready to install under the bus. It sucks having your fueltank right behind you. For one you got like how many gallons of hot oil ready to come at you in the event of a very sudden stop, and for all the other times its waving hot air your way esspecily because busses driver windows pulls air out. So in the winter its awesome but in the humid summer it sucks. Good way to start though while your trying to find a good undertank to convert. I just scored a tank from my local school dist. who was throwing one out.

I'll try to come back to the site more but this site doesn't have much on VO but try biodiesel.infopop.cc