Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Skoolie

I got scammed

I took my family to a oriental place last week. It is sort of buffet , not fancy by most standards. I asked if I could pick up their waste oil. They do not speak English much but they said they would do me the favor and to pick it up Sunday at 8pm. Well, I arrived at 7:45 and they had two cubes ready for pick up. When I greeted them they said that others would pay $10 for the two cubes. I hesitated and replied "where are they? I will sell them what ever I could collect to them." They asked what would I pay and I hesitated again. You see, my wife likes this place more than the others in town. I could not turn this relationship bad. I told them that I would give four dollars for the two cubes this time but I would have figured what picking up their oil was worth for my time expense and effort. I think I will have to lower it to a buck a cube to continue. When we first talk I thought it was clear that I would take the oil so that they did not have to pay to dispose of it. I guess everyone is trying to get a buck where ever they think they can get it.

Train-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Skoolie

Re: I got scammed

Hey man times are changing. Yellow grease is a growing comodity. It sells on the market for $2.50/gal these days. People are paying to take it, competition is up and veggie bandwaggoners are flooding in like the gold rush.