Old 07-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International S1800
Engine: DT466 Trans: MT643
Rated Cap: 65
I used a 150 gallon aluminum side saddle tank off a freightliner semi. 300 bucks including the mounting straps, bolted to my frame rails and never gave me clearance issues. Its the best solution imho
Instragram: @lookatthatbus
charles_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: International Navistar DT360
Rated Cap: 60
Yeah we've decided to just use the 100 gallon aluminum tank. We'll use the Racor/Vormax coolant heated filter housing and the six way switch, and add a lil 55gph centrifuge powered by a 1/3 hp pump before any oil goes through the filter. The centrifuge puts out a lot more gph than we need though, so how should I handle that? Is there a way for me to make it return unneeded clean oil back to the tank?

I'm hoping I can make it so that I can switch around the centrifuge. Basically I'd like to use the pump and centrifuge into our tank from the restaurant, then have the pump and centrifuge draw out of the tank to go to the filter and then on its way to the engine.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:00 AM   #13
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International S1800
Engine: DT466 Trans: MT643
Rated Cap: 65
Im confused on your setup. Are you trying to run straight out of the centrifuge to the engine? Ive never seen this setup, and Im not sure its advisable. You want to have the centrifuge on it's own loop and have it clean in batches. Fill the clean tank with dirty oil, turn on the centrifuge, and in a couple hours, you have clean oil. I dont think id try any other way. Maybe im misunderstanding you...
charles_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: International Navistar DT360
Rated Cap: 60
Basically the centrifuge would be doing what you're saying, but at the same time part of it would be going through the Vormax filter to use while driving. Although I hadn't really thought of just letting it do its thing and then using the oil later. That makes a lot of sense.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: happy camper RV repair
Chassis: international
Engine: 360 international
Rated Cap: 66 passenger
i wrote a article about bio fuels in the june issue of Bus conversion magazine. its a two part article the second part will be in july issue.