Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: Powering a bus with water...

check out this post... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3199&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I don't think you can completely run on just hydrogen without some major modifications... When using gasoline you're still feeding the correct ratio of fuel/air to the engine - and adding hydrogen in the air intake (similar to adding nitrous oxide to gain HP) With fuel when you step on the throttle you feed more fuel to the engine... with HHO isn't there just a generator feeding the same amount of hydrogen to the engine at idle and at higher RPM's?

I'm no expert on HHO but that's one major point you'd need to address.

Are you seeing significant mileage increase? Smitty on here tried it, but I don't think he seen very good results and he gave up on it. Made me very skeptical of HHO add ons....

And now that gas is less than $2 a gallon (diesel around $3) I haven't heard much buzz on it.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
Skoolie

Yeah I'd be really interested to know how it works out. I've heard of good results before but never out of experience. My problem up here is the water freezing.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #3
Bus Nut

I don't know how this got posted 2 times.. somehow I answered both of em the same... wierd...

anyway check out this link viewtopic.php?t=3668
Old 12-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 92
Coachwork: Amtran Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: International DT466
Rated Cap: 72

I wish I knew more about this, but I am still wrapping my mind around wvo. How do you go from place to place while brewing? doesnt it stir up sediment. Maybe you dont, a couple weeks here and youve got bottled beer...enough fuel to get you to another brewspot? Please give the specs of your setup and how the brewing process is different in a bus. Thanks!
TikiBus is offline   Reply With Quote