Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
Skoolie

Transfer pump for my oil

I am beginning to see a need for a transfer pump to divide my oil into smaller quantiles. I have found a clear water pump offered by Harbor Freight that is very cheap. Do any of you have any experience with this pump and will it work for what i want it to do?

Thanks!

Train-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: Transfer pump for my oil

for moving large quantities of oil, i've had really good luck with a 110 volt submersible sump pump with inch and a quarter hose on it. Moves 50 gallons of veggie in just a few minutes.

for smaller quantities i like to use a 12volt diaphragm pump available from tractor supply for about 80 bucks. Moves just a couple of gallons per minute, but at 40 psi or so, so it's good at pushing oil through filters. looks like this:

there is also a self priming rotary pump that tsc sells, but they seem to have a relatively high failure rate with veggie...but i do find this one to be a good engine coolant pump, even though the pump clearly sais it's not to be used with hot liquids. I had one that ran for hundreds and hundreds of hours circulating coolant. looks like this: