Old 10-27-2005, 09:01 PM   #11
Being a resturant worker I can tell you that most would be happy just to have someone take it..always ask first though as some of the bigger places have deals worked out with pet food companys. I plan on doing this if I can find a desiel motor for my nissan thing I would like to do is install a simple filter that would fit into the barrel to catch the large stuff (fries and such) might not believe the amount of crud that friers catch.
Demonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #12
Bus Nut
Year: 1985
Coachwork: ThomasBuilt
Chassis: International Harvester S-1700
Engine: 9L IHC V-8 Diesel 180HP
Rated Cap: 60
The main question I had is what does he do with that Glycerine he poured out. Is there is a user for it?
I'm thinking of starting with just WVO oil conversion, and moving on to cracking it later. I was wondering this, too. There are also FFAs (free fatty acids) that separate out. FFAs are powerful degreasers. If you knew someone who needed degreasers (like the restaurant you get the oil from) you could bottle that and let them have it. The glycerine you might be able to use for making glycerine soap...sell it at the flea-market. I'll have to study up on soapmaking again!

Why worry about disposing of it if you can get people to pay you to haul it off for you!!
Eric von Kleist is offline   Reply With Quote