Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40
Veg

On my way to Alaska from Colorado. I'm running good and strong and will be in the Boise area tomorrow. I'm looking to meet up with anybody running veg that would be interested in a letting go of some surplus they might have. I'd also just like to see anybody's skoolie rig and just talk shop since I'm coming through. I've got a couple of weeks to make it to Bellingham, Washington for a ferry so I've got lots of time if anybody wants to make suggestions as to where I SHOULD be stopping along the way....sights or otherwise.

recycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Veg

Are you taking your skoolie on the ferry? If so, do you mind sharing about how much that will end up costing? We're considering doing something similar in the future.

thanks,
jim
baadpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Skoolie

3000 large my friend. But, after four days the hour and a half to Anchorage will be nice. Tis a steep hill to climb but well worth the investment for my ride. The early season fares come cheaper and the driver goes for free depending on the ferry route in question. They are VERY helpful @ http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/index.shtml Aka. the Alaska marine ferry. It depends on the length obviously...mines 29'. I'm also rolling the whole way to Whittier.
Anyone lurking with some extra veg in the Pacific northwest is welcome to throw me a line as well....
Old 06-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Skoolie

Across the continental divide, through the great basin, across the cascades (stunning weather), hung out in the Chukanut mountains for a while....reverse parallel parked in the bow of the ferry, through the train tunnel out of Whittier and on into Anchorage.........Problem free. Thanks to the folks in Boise, Kennewick, and Bellingham. Been rolling the bus through the Alaskan summer collecting magnets for the interior roof. Just thought I'd check in.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
Skoolie

Neither.....hehe.