Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Skoolie

Re: veggie kit

It looks like a piece of junk to me. Check out biodiesel.infopop.cc it's the most detailed forum out there for veggie oil and biodiesel. May be a little hard to understand the lingo at first but very informative. Are you trying to run biodiesel or wvo? I'd do wvo for several reasons. If you want to know more i'd be glad to help

Old 06-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
Skoolie

any diesel will run off of veggie. some types of motors can not be as reliable but tend to be that way regardless of what fuel you use. Check out frybrid.com or goldenfuelsystems.com, we just started a company here in Colorado.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Skoolie

ehh, that kinda looks like junk to me. It depends how much fuel you need. What's your average consumption per month/year? That's gonna tell how much time and effort it will take to provide for yourself. One way or another you can build a good system (vehicle and filtration) for under $1500. You can always make something that just works and spend a lot more time and mistakes for $500. In the veggie world it pays to get it right sooner than later. It's all return on investment thinking. Spend some money and you can drive anywhere for free thereafter.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Interesting, the ebay kit cost $195, and the one from ecofuelsystems.ws cost $19.95 plus $5 S&H.... looks like the same thing minus a few pieces of (low budget) hardware?!

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #5

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

You have your kit and have used it. That's great. What is it? How does it work? Their website sucks. There is no info. When I read ads like theirs, I just keep going. If it's working for you, tell us what you did? Show us pictures. I am an intellectually challenged visual type of guy. Show me pictures.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
Bus Nut

I doubt that showing us a few pics of how easy it is to use would violate any copyright laws. I am another skoolie member who is seriously considering buying this product. With a little more feedback from you, they'll probably sell a few more kits.

What kind of bus are you running it in?
What engine?
How hard was it for you to collect the veggie oil? I see add's on my local craigslist of people wanting to BUY waste veggie oil, so I don't think it's as easy to come by as it once was.

The $20 kit is a bottle of the "stuff" only, no instructions. Looks like the $100 kit is the minimum to get started - with the pump, instructions and "stuff" - I'd just like to know a little more about it before I spend a hundred bucks.

thanks
Old 07-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #7

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

I looked at his listing and website again. The pump is $15, the can $8, misc plumbing $5. The tops of some filter housings which are not shown, so I assume they are not included. As far as I'm concerned, pure snakeoil B.S. There is nothing free in this world, including fuel. If the only info you are giving is, "I bought it. It works great." Sorry, not good enough for me. Are you a diesel mechanic? Have you ever had to replace a diesel motor, fuel IP, injectors? I'm not buying and I don't think anyone else should waste their time with this.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
Skoolie

Good Luck. If your filtering on the go than you need to think about the one time your system doesn't work than then money you'll spend on Diesel could have paid for a better more reliable system. If at home then whatever. Just a thought.