Old 09-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #11
Bus Geek
Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
That's my understanding too, measured on a knockometer (not shitting)

Interestingly enough, octane refers to a hydrocarbon chain not present in gasoline, but gasoline acts like it.....go figure
Skooling state at a time...
the_experience03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #12
Almost There
Ive mixed up to 20% gasoline in with my WVO at times when the oil just wasnt that great of quality but I was stuck in a bind. It works great when you end up with a bunch of crappy hydrogenated oil. Mix about 20% gasoline in, and MIX IT UP REAL GOOD. it will be thin enough to get through your filters now, and wont plug up your system. You also wont lose as much HP.

I notice when Ive run straight hydrogenated oil, my power dropped significantly, and it was a real pain!
ParadigmCrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:07 AM   #13
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: E350 Ford
Engine: 7.3 Power Stroke
Rated Cap: 10
Re: Veggie Oil mixed with Gasoline??

Old thread, sorry, but I'm hip deep in all this.

My bus is currently running a hybrid mix. In my approximately 37 gallon tank I have, one gallon of gasoline, two gallons of vegetable oil, and thirty four gallons of regular diesel. This mix is a bit new to me, but my seat of the pants feel is that the engine is running very smoothly, and I should have used more fuel. I need more time on her.

I have disposed of used engine oil in my diesel tank a number of times with no ill effects in tens of thousands of miles now. I even neglected the fuel filter to see if I'd have a problem. I didn't.

I am running a little vegetable oil with my gasoline in my Ford Taurus right now. This will be tank number three. I'm unsure of my results as of yet. Nothing is really impressing me as of yet. It's also cold out too.
SD26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #14
Re: Veggie Oil mixed with Gasoline??

Let us know SD26, I for one am interested in your results. I know nothing of the veggie conversion side, but want to learn more once I'm done with the inside conversion.
reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote