Old 07-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #11
Bus Nut
You could just say that you put a quart of transmission fluid in your tank to "lube your valves" and that’s why its red... of course that’s only in the extremely unlikely event that you'd get caught.

Has anyone heard of someone being cought using off road diesel?
My Old Bus :(
phillbus914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #12
Bus Geek
Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
I've actually heard of quite a few. Unfortunately enforcement really depends on the mood of the cop. If you get caught it could range anywhere from a stern talking to to charges of tax evasion. Of course you'd have to give them a reason to look. I think if you were to mix the offroad diesel with your veggie oil to make a winter friendly blend you might be ok. Or you could just pay the tax and help improve roads for everyone
Skooling state at a time...
the_experience03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #13
Bus Geek
you could also say that it's left over fuel you got at a petrol station after hurricaine katrina. I was just talking to a truck driver friend of mine the other day, and he said that stations all over the south had dyed red diesel fuel that was being sold through the regular fuel pumps in the aftermath of katrina. There was no regular diesel to be had. The road tax was payed on all the red fuel sold at those stations, but for a time you could not get in trouble for running the red stuff.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (who will watch the watchmen?)
lapeer20m is offline   Reply With Quote