Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2004, 12:21 AM   #1
AK-Brando's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Valdez - The snow capital of Alaska
Posts: 55
Alaska Registration

OK, I figured I would post this here for those of us fortunate enough to live in Alaska.

According to the DMV: Statute AS 28.10.211 (e) and Regulation 13 AAC 70.110 has the following to say about motor home conversions.

A bus or other vehicle converted to a motor home is not necessarily considered a reconstructed vehicle because the body and frame are original. Only the interior of the vehicle has been altered.

A motor home is defined as "A vehicular unit, designed to provide temporary living quarters, built into as an integral part of, or permanently attached to, a self-propelled motor vehicle chassis or van." The vehicle must contain permanently installed independent life support systems and provide at least four of the following items:

1. Facilities - cooking, refrigeration or icebox
2. Self-contained toilet
3. Heating and/or air conditioning systems for the motor home unit.
4. Potable water supply system including a faucet and sink
5. Separate 110-125 volt electrical power supply and/or an LP gas supply.

Title Requirements:
1. Application for Title and Registration (Form 812) completed and signed by the applicant. The applicant must write a statement in the affidavit section of the application, as follows: This vehicle has been permanently converted to a motor home by installation of: (must list four of the above items required.)
2. The original title to the vehicle.

  • The year of the vehicle is as identified on the MCO, foreign title or previous Alaska title. When a MCO is provided for both the chassis and the unit, use the year of the unit.
    The serial number is always that of the chassis/frame, NOT the number of the unit attached. the unit number may be entered as a secondary serial number.
    The body style code is MH.
    When a school bus is converted to a motor home, the color must be changed.
    Regular Sleeper Cabs - Cannot be converted to motorhomes.
    A truck-tractor pulling a commercial trailer cannot be classed as a motorhome. the trailer can be classed as a travel trailer.

Hope this helps some.

'91 Thomas/Ford B700 7.8L Diesel 5-speed (seats removed)
My Bus Pics
My Bus Blog (hasn't been updated in a LONG time)
AK-Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New bus owner in Alaska needs help syke Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters 3 06-10-2013 07:03 PM
For those shopping for a bus here in Alaska.. Stuff Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap 0 06-26-2010 11:31 AM
Alaska recycler Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions 4 05-08-2010 11:00 AM
From Tennessee to Alaska josetann On the Road | Travel, Trips, Camp Sites, Tailgates 16 08-28-2009 03:57 PM
Gillig to Alaska Alan Nelson Skoolie Conversion Projects 7 04-20-2009 01:29 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.