Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
ALLSTATE Doesn't Quit

When I bought the Allstate policy to get the TC2000 out of the impound, it was made clear I would only need the policy for a month as I would immediately flip the TC2000. Paid $48 down with $26.61 monthly payments. When I got the first installment request in the mail I called and made sure they cancelled the policy. After that I stated getting late notices and now I have a received a collection agency notice for the $26.61.

o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Report the agent and the carrier to the BBB. This is why I always call the next day to confirm cancellations.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #3

Year: 2001
Coachwork: BlueBird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Have had insurance of one kind or another for 45 years. Worst insurance experience ever was with Allstate. I despise them.
RickBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:00 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBright View Post
Have had insurance of one kind or another for 45 years. Worst insurance experience ever was with Allstate. I despise them.
I bought a 1986 Mustang Gt new, went to Allstate for insurance. I was 33 at the time with a good driving record. They read the VIN and saw it was a V8 and told me they wouldn't cover it at all due to the V8 engine. I've never looked to them since.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Yeah, yeah, yeah but, but, "You're in good hands with Allstate", aren't you???
Guess not...
I tried them for a year, as I had a friend catch a job at the local Allstate office a few years ago.
After the initial "teaser" year of coverage was up, without any claims mind you, the renewal policy was just under double the cost for the exact coverage I had!

Granted, a new insurer will offer teasers to attract the business and spike up renewals, but getting almost doubled after 1 year with them drove me to GEICO where I've been ever since.
GEICO increases their policy renewals a little bit, 2x every year thinking one won't notice, so it might be time to scout around for lower cost coverage come renewal time...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I bought a 1986 Mustang Gt new, went to Allstate for insurance. I was 33 at the time with a good driving record. They read the VIN and saw it was a V8 and told me they wouldn't cover it at all due to the V8 engine. I've never looked to them since.
Don't feel bad, Allstate told me they couldn't cover me because of a recent accident showing me at fault. (I was broadsided by an older lady in an SUV who ran a stop sign because she wasn't paying attention). Speeding in a residential neighborhood to boot. Pedestrian she almost hit after hitting me said her vehicle was still doing around 20 mph after it hit me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Popcorn Sutton - Two Laps - Cheerio.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	35292
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteg59 View Post
After the initial "teaser" year of coverage was up, without any claims mind you, the renewal policy was just under double the cost for the exact coverage I had!

Granted, a new insurer will offer teasers to attract the business and spike up renewals, but getting almost doubled after 1 year with them drove me to GEICO where I've been ever since.

GEICO increases their policy renewals a little bit, 2x every year thinking one won't notice, so it might be time to scout around for lower cost coverage come renewal time...
This is all very good to know. I just switched from Progressive to Geico. Despite Progressive's BS ads claiming an 'average' savings of $699, my own experience is that ever since I bought my current daily driver (I currently drive Uber, which is a rip-off, by the way, and the car is financed and requires full coverage), they have been saying one thing and doing another.

They've continually come back asking for more, saying I was told the wrong payment figure. Um, that's YOUR problem. I paid what I was told to pay. Charged me late fees as well. The final straw was when my renewal statement showed a 50% monthly increase. Doing the math, with the two six-month policies required for a year, I was paying almost $3,000 a year!

Yes, I have full coverage, and I have one ticket that is over two years old, and a recent accident that I can prove is not my fault (broadsided by an idiot who ran a stop sign in their SUV and pile-drove me like a Mack truck).

Geico quoted me a one-year commercial policy for just about $1,800. That's just over $1,100 less per year! Naturally, I put them on blast when one of their ads claiming $700 annual savings came on Flakebook. Sorry, Flo, you've hit the wall, m'dear. It was fun while it lasted...
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #7
Bus Geek

For decades everytime I see the Allstate commercial I mock it by going through the motions of holding my hands like them "You're in good hands with Allstate, miss one payment (hands open)."
Old 07-05-2019, 02:45 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
It's really the wild west out there when it comes to insurance.
There are so many carriers out there, they're literally at each others throats when it comes to quoting a new sucker, er, customer!

When I was on the phone with GEICO requesting a new quote a few years back, they could somehow see that I was covered by Allstate and they knew what I was paying with them!
There must be a special, members only, private website for insurance companies that provide insurance information on every licensed driver in the country.

Anyhoo, I'm definitely shopping around for lower cost coverage when my renewal comes up in Sept., as there must be another "hungry" insurance carrier looking to undercut GEICO that's ready to add another sucker to their ranks.

Bottom line is to get the best bang for your hard earned buck, as painful as it is, you really must shop around...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote