Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48
Re: BC Registration / ICBC

Come to Alberta for a while and register it here. I know for a fact that it is easier to do here...my bus has a fridge and beds. That was it when it was re-registered as a motorhome.

jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

do like i did in sask. remove seats like you said then get it licenced as a "converted heavy vehicle". thats what mine is right now.

what they are scared of is you loading it up and hauling passengers. I found out from SGI the magic # is 13 (including driver) in a vehicle before they consider it a bus.
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

if worst comes to worst run her with a permit from province to province i guess. i ran mine from bc to sk then got permit in sask but i think i needed one for alberta lol
Old 06-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltybob
. . . What I would really like to do is rip the seats out, (leave 1 + drivers) and take it down and say there, its not a motor home, but it also doesnt have a person capacity of more than 3. Now make it that I can drive it haha.
Watch the weight rating. I don't know the difference between a CDN Class 2 and Class 5 license, but down here if the gross weight* is 26,001 or more, a passenger car license is no longer good, unless it's an RV.

*NY law says the gross weight for license class purposes is the heaviest of either the chassis manufacturer's design weight, registered weight, or actual measured weight.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

ya that is a problem in Sk as well. get your 1 ton dually, then a 5th wheel and load it up and fill the water tanks and your over the limit. then you need to go to your class 3 (dump trucks etc) because of the weight.