Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #1
Bus Nut
onenationundergoat's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Statesville, North Carolina
Posts: 463
Year: 1993
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: International Navistar DT360
Rated Cap: 60
Cali: what insurance company do you us?

I am working on moving my residency and life from NC to California where I work 6 mos of the year. I currently have NC Farm Bureau insurance on the bus but CA Farm Bureau said no and so did National General. Some agent said they could get me a policy with Progressive. I told them it is a SCHOOL BUS registered as a house car. She said they would still do it. I know for sure they don't cover it. I need liability and am not willing to have insurance by hiding the fact that it is a non professionally converter school bus.

Californians, what do you use for Skoolie insurance?
My build thread:
A gal, a guy, three cats, two dogs, one rabbit, and one goat, traveling the country together.
onenationundergoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
Bus Geek
Robin97396's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I'm in Oregon, but Progressive seems to be the only one giving out policies. It's possible you might find something else but not likely. Progressive's "commercial policy for private use" seems to be just about the only way to go.

I just renewed at $334 for a year, and yes liability is all they offer.
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.