Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #1

California TC-2000 BlueBird 1999 Registration Help

I recently purchased a 1999 TC-2000 BlueBird in Colorado and have a temporary license plate from Colorado until the 15th of September but I am trying to register it now in California. I already have RV insurance for it with my local state farm agent here in the Bay Area, the bus has a cummins 5.9L diesel engine and a catalytic converter on the muffler. I have had mixed information about what I will need to do for smog checks and registration? Some people are telling me it is a visual check of the exhaust to make sure its not black, my exhaust is very clean. What do I need to do? I'm a total newbie and don't know much about smog check and registration.

jrbocasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

hey jrbocasurfer,

Realizing how old this post is, I hope you were able to complete the registration in CA. If so welcome and happy travels.

If not, it's actually pretty easy if you tell them only what they need to hear. Let me know if you need help still.
LincolnEcho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, california registration, registration, smogcheck