Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #1

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis, International
Chassis: IS 205
Engine: Bio-Diesel
Rated Cap: 54
Commercial Insurance for Converted School Bus - Help!

Hi there.

I am a part of a documentary film project (The 1 Second Film) that is trying to register our converted Genesis International School Bus and running into obstacles at every turn!

Even if an RV place will register a School Bus (which seems rare) they won't do it for a "commercial" project -- the bus is owned by The 1 Second Foundation, and it is a film crew and band going on a road trip to film a documentary. State Farm, which seems popular on here, turned us down due to the "high profile" nature of the project. After all, we are going on the Road to Oprah.

We have an invitation to present at YouTube's corporate offices TOMORROW and no insurance for the bus. Anybody have any advice, contacts, etc?

Thanks,
Juli

juliocrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
Skoolie

Re: Commercial Insurance for Converted School Bus - Help!

First impressions and info seems to set the pace for how one gets insured and plates. If I were to do it over again, I would approach the subject stating " I bought the bus to haul my own stuff". It seems to me that the more you tell them, the more your troubles and cost go up. I guess if you want your insurance to cover all that equipment, you would have to figure an outrageous policy cost. I am still trying to figure out if it is necessary to change my title to a motor home. I don't think I want to. This is just MHO.
Train-train is offline   Reply With Quote