Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #1

Year: 1998
Coachwork: AmTran Genesis
Chassis: International 3900FC
Engine: Mechanical DT466
Rated Cap: 84 pas, 15 windows
Forida Insurance and Title - Achievement Unlocked

So, after following the advice from different threads, we are now officially titled as an RV in Florida as of Friday.

After we bought the bus, we used Marc Grossman of Blanchard Insurance in Florida (407-463-1034 cell) to get commercial insurance. Cost was approx 600 for a year.

This gave us insurance for the ride home and until we actually get it insured as an RV. (still looking at which company to go to for that)

For the DMV, we chose to use the office in downtown Pensacola. We took in the Bill of Sale, the signed Title, Proof of Insurance, a notarized copy of Florida form 82042 (VIN and Odometer Verification), a signed affidavit requesting the "type" of vehicle be changed to an RV because we installed 120V in the bus, and MOST IMPORTANT a printed out copy of Florida TL-13 (the procedures workers at the DMV use in order to change title types for conversions)

The lady behind the counter actually thanked us for bringing along a copy of TL-13. She said she wouldn't know where to begin if we hadn't brought it.

30 min later we walked out with our new tag and the electronic title filed. It was a good day.

The VIN check was not bad. Here along the gulf (at least in the counties from Pensacola to Panama City Beach) there are notaries that will travel to you. Total cost for the notary to come look at the bus and verify the VIN was 35 dollars. Not bad in my opinion.

Now if I could get these bus windows to stop leaking, everything would be perfect.

ThatBusGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:30 AM   #2

Any luck finding rv insurance?
Derekmardones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Sent Marc a message and he's going to help me out with insurance next week. Headed to Tax Collector on Friday to get re-titled. Think I have all my ducks in a row!!! Lucky me, I have a notary under the same roof.
SEMPERFIURAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, insurance, title