Old 06-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Re: GMAC can BITE ME!!

Jaraxle, A GREMLIN in your driveway?

With the long "pony car" hood, those things look like someone took a chainsaw to lop off the back half. (My boss had a purple one back in '74-'75)
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2

I don't know about the Gremlin, but a Vega's got to be worth something 'cause I don't think any of them are left.
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON
I dunno, I always thought those were kinda cool, and someone built a real nice Pacer for Hot Rod's Power Tour a few years ago.... but we're getting off topic here....
If you're referring to the one Hot Rod featured, PURPLE X (her plate) ran again this year. The car was built by a high school girl & her father. There were 3 Pacers in 2007...that one, an orange one with a Mopar 440 in it (built for $2000!), and a red, white, and blue one with an AMC 390 and a 5-speed.

Mty Gremlin (AMC's smallest, lightest RWD car) has a blown (6-71 Roots) 401 and a T-10 4-speed. (Liz's GN is still faster. )
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #14
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 25
Send a message via AIM to Stuff Send a message via MSN to Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Exactly. I have four vehicles with agreed-value insurance in my driveway (my Caddy, Gremlin, and F-350, Liz's Grand National), all had to be inspected before they would write the policy...perfectly reasonable.
**DROOL**

DITTO!!!

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/thestuffz
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: carpenter
Chassis: international
Engine: 7.3 diesel

yes, they have given me crap, too.

The first six month policy was around $30 per month for liability. I missed the last two payments (just forgot completely- the bus hasn't moved from the yard) and they cancelled. I called them to see if they would issue another policy. they did, after I paid the missed payments. $97 per month was the best they could do this time, only to offer the explanation that this was they cheapest, basic coverage available.

I took it because I wanted to get the registration renewed, but will soon look for another company and ditch these assholes.
I even requsted that they automaticlly deduct the payments from my account since I am away for work for long periods of time and sometimes don't get my mail in a timely manner and often forget various payments. They couldn't do that because I was out of checks and they needed a voided check. I couldn't get more because I was on the road. WTF? they can deduct payments on a month by month basis on the phone with your bank info but cant do auto deduct?---- biggest bunch of crap for trying to give a company money to insure a bus that DOES NOT MOVE FROM THE YARD.

And $97 bucks a month?? I have a spotless driving record, many, many hours of defensive driving and six years safe truck driving experience. And I DON'T DRIVE THE BUS.

I think they are just being assholes to be assholes.
RyanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: carpenter
Chassis: international
Engine: 7.3 diesel

Yeah, I know it sounds strange to insure a vehicle I don't drive, but I want to keep registration up to date to avoid possible future hassles. (requires insurance for that month) and I worry about not being able to get it insured in the future, when I am done with the conversion and ready to use the bus. For instance, they quit writing policies on conversions but allow existing ones to stand.

I know it probably won't happen, but it would be my luck. Plus, when it gets done I want to be able to cruise around that day.

i need to update my year old thread with new pics pretty soon.
RyanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:29 AM   #17
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E/Allison pusher
Rated Cap: 79

My insurance carrier , same issue, but I own a metal fabrication shop and am doing the conversion through the business as a "JOB" now they consider it professionally converted......but i still am doing it my self, go figure
gseufzer is offline   Reply With Quote