Old 09-28-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Has anyone got a bus title changed to motor home in Mississippi?

Hello, has anybody successfully had a bus title changed to RV or MH for motorhome in Mississippi? If so did you do it when you first bought the bus and transferred it to your name or did you have to transfer it as a bus first then have it changed later? Were there any hoops to jump through or was it just a matter of asking them to do it?
Thanks!
bridg73988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #2

I tried in Yalobusha county. No dice.

After waiting on the clerk to make countless phone calls to Jackson, we were told that MS does not change registrations/titles. They said it must always be registered as a school bus.

I don't believe them.

I think our particular request was likely beyond the IQ capacity of these particular government workers, but instead of admitting this, they simply said we couldn't do it.

As for insurance, we have talked to our Shelter Insurance agent, and they've assured us that they will insure it when we're ready to do so. We're not moving it until next year, so we'll do it then. We'll most likely just re-register it wherever we end up.
SippiHippyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #3
Skoolie

My bus came from Mississippi already titled as a RV. I asked the seller if it was a northern bus because I didn't want a rust bucket. He said it was from a school district the next county over in MS.
The title HAD to be converted in MS. The only thing that resembles a RV is the couch & generator. That's it.

Good luck.
BigDavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mississippi, register, registration, title