Old 05-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #31
Mini-Skoolie

AMEN!!!
Got coverage for liability insurance $437 for the year. She says don’t let it lapse or they could not let me renew. If anyone uses her and gives my name (Mark Curtin), I get $25. So feel free to see if ASI Insurance Agent Jessica can get your conversion legal. https://www.aisinsurance.com/special...-Madriles.aspx
Outlawfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:00 PM   #32
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawfarmer View Post
AMEN!!!
Got coverage for liability insurance $437 for the year. She says donít let it lapse or they could not let me renew. If anyone uses her and gives my name (Mark Curtin), I get $25. So feel free to see if ASI Insurance Agent Jessica can get your conversion legal. https://www.aisinsurance.com/special...-Madriles.aspx
Usually you have to find an agent in your state. Go to the UserCP and fill out your profile, join the community.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #33

I'm about to be screwed. In CO I have 4 days left to title from Texas. E350 dually retirement home transit van. Half built, I will need to title as is and then convert. Can anyone offer guidance on insurance? Praying I dont have to haul this up to an rv lot and park it till it's done. Currently with Travelers which I know is a no go so this is potentially a combo of transfering existing auto and home. Anyone have a referral in CO?

CO requires proof of insurance when titling.
Blcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #34
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcia View Post
I'm about to be screwed. In CO I have 4 days left to title from Texas. E350 dually retirement home transit van. Half built, I will need to title as is and then convert. Can anyone offer guidance on insurance? Praying I dont have to haul this up to an rv lot and park it till it's done. Currently with Travelers which I know is a no go so this is potentially a combo of transfering existing auto and home. Anyone have a referral in CO?

CO requires proof of insurance when titling.
AIS insurance will help you I bet. See my link above to the woman who helped me.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:32 PM   #35
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermracing View Post
Where in NH are you? We are over near Claremont. I'm guessing you are from a small town if you managed to get it registered in NH and it's not painted. We had to paint ours (covering up any SCHOOL BUS markings) and remove the Red/Yellow warning lights.

As for insurance, go find a State Farm agent and get a Commercial for Private Use policy while you are converting it. Once it's done, and you change the title to a Motorhome, they will insure it as such. We have gone through the whole process, except for the last step, but should have ours done in a month or two, I hope.
I don't understand this - I keep reading about a "commercial for private use policy" but every insurance company or agent I've talked to has never heard of this.
musigenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:04 PM   #36
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawfarmer View Post
AMEN!!!
Got coverage for liability insurance $437 for the year. She says donít let it lapse or they could not let me renew. If anyone uses her and gives my name (Mark Curtin), I get $25. So feel free to see if ASI Insurance Agent Jessica can get your conversion legal. https://www.aisinsurance.com/special...-Madriles.aspx
I just called her, and it looks like I'm going to be able to get liability insurance (from National General?) for $499 a year. She said this would be an actual RV policy (i.e. not "commercial for private use") even though it was liability-only. She also said I needed to send her photos of the inside and outside, although the only thing they really cared about was making sure the seats are out (I may also attempt to lop off the stop signs before I take the pics).

I will try to make sure you get your $25.
musigenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #37
Mini-Skoolie

Glad she can cover you hopefully

In my pics I told them the front still said school bus. She said thatís fine. I only had one bench seat left. Get pic of all four sides and inside from both ends.