Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #1

Year: 70
Coachwork: ?
Chassis: ?
Engine: ford?
help!!! Where is VIN? & FLA insurance?

I live in Florida and so far every insurance company says they don't insure buses. At the moment this bus is not running, but I DO have to insure it to get a lisence plate so I can keep it in my yard. The cheapest possible insurance would be best...

I can't find the VIN number inside, the steering wheel says FORD so I'm assuming it's a Ford B700? The bus is not in good shape so it's really hard to tell what it is. I have looked inside the driver area and don't see a VIN number. I have to go to court soon about having unregistered vehical in my yard...... help please....

tropical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #2

Year: 70
Coachwork: ?
Chassis: ?
Engine: ford?
Re: help!!! Where is VIN? & FLA insurance?

Well I just noticed a rusty "bluebird" painted on the top so any idea where the VIN number for a Bluebird body Ford steering wheel bus is?
tropical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Mine actually has a coach number and a number from Ford for the incomplete chassis. I can't remember which one I used for insurance and registration purposes and for that I apologize, but the DMV had the answer for me so I just came armed with both numbers. My incomplete chassis number was on a tag on the firewall under the hood on the door side. The coach number (it's a Wayne, not a BB, but maybe this helps) was on the same plate on the driver's side wiring chase at the roof line where the tire pressure ratings, GVWR, GAWR, etc were all listed.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #4
Bus Nut

What does it say on the title?

My bus has a plaque on the front (inside) by the front door that has the VIN, engine serial number, rear gear ratio ect... I can't speak for all bluebird's but that's what mine has.

As for insurance call a local Progressive agent that sells "drive" insurance, from progressive... that's what I have. It runs $300/year for the minimal coverage. (for me.. age 26, clean driving record) Usually the less info you give them the more likely they are to insure you.

Good luck!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillbus914
What does it say on the title?

As for insurance call a local Progressive agent that sells "drive" insurance, from progressive... that's what I have. It runs $300/year for the minimal coverage. (for me.. age 26, clean driving record) Usually the less info you give them the more likely they are to insure you.

Good luck!
I went to one in my city and he knows exactly what I have and he set it up for me. On the insurance card it reads something like 1992 and the vin number and for make it has all makes.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote