Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas SafTLiner
Chassis: FE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 60
Help with Utah registration?

I am coming from Michigan, where the inspection was pretty lax. No emissions, basically only checked for operation of lights, and that the school bus stuff was removed. Started, stopped, okay, have fun don't kill anyone.

What will I need to make sure I have in order to title a school bus in Utah? Let's assume, for simplicity sake, that all I have done is remove the lights, signage, and painted it, it's got a drivers seat, a futon, and some cabinets, a propane stovetop, and a toaster oven that may or may not be useful.

I am looking to come to the SLC area to find work, and hopefully find a permanent home in Utah, as long as things fall into place. If not, well, there is always... umm... I don't know.

For what it's worth, I was hoping to boondock in this thing for a few months, until it starts getting cold, because I don't have heat in the bus. I will be packing tools and things I can't go without (in a matter of speaking), two motorcycles and a Jeep on a tow dolly. Electricity would be nice, but I can get by without.

Thoughts, advice, help figuring out what to do, and what it will cost? My budget is pretty low, I have to try and do this on a Ramen noodle diet. Or less.

What I need to know is:
1.What it will cost to register all this stuff, inspect, etc
2.Where a person might be able to boondock for a few months, if possible until it's too cold.

dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote