Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 11:02 AM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: international 3800
Engine: international T444E
Rated Cap: 60 passenger
Thank you o1marc
"commercial for personnel use "insurance policy should be available up north here in Ontario Canada may be more expensive because it is commercial rated will have to look around

thanks again o1marc

crosscountry55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Hello fellow Ontarioans! My wife and I have a daughter and a dog. We bought a 2008 bus from Tyler Transport, they lost a contract renewal with the school board and are closing so we got the bus 5 years earlier then they would have been normally selling it. They are still using it on their routes until July then for $200 they will be delivering it to our property we are renting which will be our home going forward for the next number of years when we are not traveling.
I plan to do the conversion and paint it there then from what I have read here I’ll have to go to mto and declare I have converted it and then plate it with sticker and then get insurance after that then I can drive it from there.
I also heard you have 6 days from time of purchase to convert it without needing to have it safetied?
Thanks for everyone’s input!
Paul
Whitespace Lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #23

YouTube video of someone in Ontario registering bus as RV

'Heatseeker' provides an illuminating video of how he registered his conversion as an RV in Ontario.

marv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:26 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjana View Post
ok for insurance I have found StateFarm , and an Independent but I have been waiting to get the full conversion done and to get the new ownership as an RV....we are about half way finished so I am hoping by next week to have it ready and photographed for the MTO....the size of our engine seems to b the biggest problem...but I have seen a lot of truck in oshawa with 350 engines
Interesting info, but how comes that u have to show to them to the image of the insurance? Shouldn’t u deal with the MTO before? To register the vehicle as RV... after you get the insurance. Right?
Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:00 PM   #25

[helpful tips thank you
Minnie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 06:51 PM   #26

Register Mini School Bus in Ontario but NOT as RV

Would like to register a mini school bus in Ontario but not as a RV.

If I remove seats so that bus only has 8 seats , like a mini-van, can I just register as a van. Reason being, if I register as a Motorhome or RV in Ontario, ownership will show MH as the vehicle type. MH is for Motorhome. With MH designation, I will NOT be eligible to apply for on-street parking in Toronto.

MH vehicles are prohibited from on-street parking permits however, if registered as vehicle, I should be ok to get permit.

Hopefully this makes sense 😀. Thank you for any advice.
yyzav8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#canada #ontario