Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2021, 07:06 PM   #1981
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oascom View Post
Any news on that ? I know it's been a while but maybe you have some answers as to what YY means.

I have received my registration with YY body type and wondering what to do.
You probably need to reply on whatever thread you found that post on - unless that person is also subscribed to this thread they'll never see a notification. Also check when they last posted here, they're likely long gone from this forum.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:07 PM   #1982
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
You probably need to reply on whatever thread you found that post on - unless that person is also subscribed to this thread they'll never see a notification. Also check when they last posted here, they're likely long gone from this forum.
Just quoted him here
Oascom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:09 PM   #1983
Bus Geek

Quote:
Just quoted him here
I meant you need to quote them on the original thread rather than on this thread - but I might be wrong and they might get an email if they're quoted on any other thread, too. But I've never seen that person here in 2.5 years so they're probably long gone.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:14 PM   #1984
Mini-Skoolie

I understand, he made only one post it was done here in this thread.

Anyway I'll have to call Vermont i guess.

Now I'm worried about my title hopefully it says MH .... I do t want to wait another 4+ weeks till they fix it
Old 07-11-2021, 07:29 PM   #1985
Bus Geek

Quote:
I understand, he made only one post it was done here in this thread.
Oh, I see.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:49 PM   #1986
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IH
Chassis: IC SB CE-300 39ft
Engine: DT466 w/Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 29500
Quote:
Got my plates 3 weeks ago and received registration and sticker today.
How long did it take between the time you sent the application, paperwork and check to the day you got your plates and registration?
Zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #1987
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
How long did it take between the time you sent the application, paperwork and check to the day you got your plates and registration?
Around 3 weeks. Then 3 weeks for registration and sticker.

I heard it takes 4 weeks for title from the time you receive plates.

So I'm hoping one more week till title comes.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:57 PM   #1988
Bus Nut

Quote:
Around 3 weeks. Then 3 weeks for registration and sticker.
I heard it takes 4 weeks for title from the time you receive plates.
So I'm hoping one more week till title comes.
3 weeks for plates and then 3 more weeks for registration and sticker? I don't get it. How can you drive the bus with just plates and no paperwork? Or do you have to wait for the registration and sticker before you can drive it?
Old 07-11-2021, 07:59 PM   #1989
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
3 weeks for plates and then 3 more weeks for registration and sticker? I don't get it. How can you drive the bus with just plates and no paperwork? Or do you have to wait for the registration and sticker before you can drive it?
They send you "temporary" registration which is just a copy of your application with some things they added/filled out.

Idk it's kind of scary to drive with this but i just went for two long trips

Received normal registration today
Old 07-11-2021, 08:05 PM   #1990
Bus Nut

Quote:
They send you "temporary" registration which is just a copy of your application with some things they added/filled out.
Idk it's kind of scary to drive with this but i just went for two long trips
Received normal registration today
Oh good, because I have a team of volunteers who want my seats for a theater and I can't leave them waiting for 6 weeks or longer. That's a blessing you don't turn away.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:59 AM   #1991
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Freightliner
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 77
If I just won an auction in MN, but haven't picked the bus up and paid yet, will I be required to pay taxes/plates/tabs in MN when picking up and then again in VT for the MH registration? The auction site includes all the plates in the fees, but they plan to register it as a non-commercial vehicle and MN is one of the "at least 4 of the following" states when it comes to registering as an RV. Since it's still yellow with seating for 77, I won't qualify for MN RV, and since it has air brakes it requires a CDL to drive it as a non-commercial vehicle. My CDL cousin is going to drive it to a shop for an inspection, but hopefully I can drive it home!!
MNbusboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:50 AM   #1992
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNbusboy View Post
If I just won an auction in MN, but haven't picked the bus up and paid yet, will I be required to pay taxes/plates/tabs in MN when picking up and then again in VT for the MH registration? The auction site includes all the plates in the fees, but they plan to register it as a non-commercial vehicle and MN is one of the "at least 4 of the following" states when it comes to registering as an RV. Since it's still yellow with seating for 77, I won't qualify for MN RV, and since it has air brakes it requires a CDL to drive it as a non-commercial vehicle. My CDL cousin is going to drive it to a shop for an inspection, but hopefully I can drive it home!!
Did you bother to read the terms of the auction before bidding?
Old 07-12-2021, 09:13 AM   #1993
Mini-Skoolie

YY body

Just a fallow up i spent 1.5h today on the phone trying to reach Vermont. Finally some Lady picked up.

Turns out they made a "mistake" Registration should be saying MH not a YY and they will send it again and i should receive it in the next 7-10 business days..... I'm ok with that, what sucks more is my title has been already sent and she can't find what title say YY or MH. She said they check titles more closely so it might be MH hopefully but if not i will need to send it back for correction which will take another month or so....

I guess it is what it is.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:04 AM   #1994
Bus Nut

Quote:
Just a fallow up i spent 1.5h today on the phone trying to reach Vermont. Finally some Lady picked up.

Turns out they made a "mistake" Registration should be saying MH not a YY and they will send it again and i should receive it in the next 7-10 business days..... I'm ok with that, what sucks more is my title has been already sent and she can't find what title say YY or MH. She said they check titles more closely so it might be MH hopefully but if not i will need to send it back for correction which will take another month or so....

I guess it is what it is.
Humans. What a concept, eh? I can relate, I used to work a public service job in Germany. Great job, but I didn't speak German. Blew me away that they chose to hire me. But it didn't matter, I was just the lone sysadmin troll for a medical research parallel computing cluster in Berlin. Not speaking German meant I skipped most of the meetings, which were truly boring. Eventually I got burned out when they couldn't find me any help, and tired of the braindead fake-vegan CIO everyone hated who got demoted to be my team leader and was later fired, and I left. ("Wait, what?! You quit?! Nobody quits a public service job in Germany!!" "Oh yeah? Watch me.")

Just be thankful they are so nice about giving us plates and paperwork for our skoolies. I certainly am.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #1995
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Humans. What a concept, eh? I can relate, I used to work a public service job in Germany. Great job, but I didn't speak German. Blew me away that they chose to hire me. But it didn't matter, I was just the lone sysadmin troll for a medical research parallel computing cluster in Berlin. Not speaking German meant I skipped most of the meetings, which were truly boring. Eventually I got burned out when they couldn't find me any help, and tired of the braindead fake-vegan CIO everyone hated who got demoted to be my team leader and was later fired, and I left. ("Wait, what?! You quit?! Nobody quits a public service job in Germany!!" "Oh yeah? Watch me.")

Just be thankful they are so nice about giving us plates and paperwork for our skoolies. I certainly am.
Yup i was nice to her. She just tried to say i "should have send a note explaining what type.i.want" i said i did send.it clearly stating i would like to have a MH.

Copy of.the application says MH too...

Anyway like you said we should be happy they let us do.it ;)
Old 07-12-2021, 12:27 PM   #1996
Mini-Skoolie

So the title arrived today.... And body is ofcouse "YY"
Old 07-12-2021, 12:45 PM   #1997
Bus Nut

Quote:
So the title arrived today.... And body is ofcouse "YY"
That's what you get for naming your bus "Murphy."

Congrats, one more item off the checklist, it just needs to be corrected, that's all.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:58 PM   #1998

This has likely been covered, but my scanning of the first and last few pages didn't cover it.

I purchased a bus a couple months ago from a dealership in Texas and paid the 8.25% Texas taxes at that time. I just received the title in my name. When trying to title it in Vermont as an RV do I need to pay they 6% sales tax for the original purchase amount again?
HopGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 04:10 PM   #1999
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopGarage View Post
This has likely been covered, but my scanning of the first and last few pages didn't cover it.

I purchased a bus a couple months ago from a dealership in Texas and paid the 8.25% Texas taxes at that time. I just received the title in my name. When trying to title it in Vermont as an RV do I need to pay they 6% sales tax for the original purchase amount again?
If you already have a title in your name, why do you need to retitle it in Vermont?

If you really want to do that, no, you don't pay sales tax again because you will not be selling the bus to yourself. As long as the name on the form for VT is the same as in the Texas title you are good to go, just request it to be registered and titled in VT.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:57 PM   #2000

Quote:
If you already have a title in your name, why do you need to retitle it in Vermont?

It's currently still titled as a commercial vehicle. I would like to get it titled as an RV without jumping through hoops in Texas. While I do have the title, the bus is not yet registered or plated. Based on the below info it appears I should be exempt from Vermont taxes, but it specifically states a registered vehicle, which mine is not. When you buy a bus from a dealership in Texas you get the title but not the registration or plates. You have to make a separate trip to the DMV for that.

Upon further reading on the VD-119i instruction doc here:here
"If claiming tax credit for a vehicle registered out-of-state to you or your spouse, send a copy of the Registration Certificate. You must
submit documentation of the amount of tax paid, and credit will be given, even though the Purchase & Use or Sales Tax was paid to
another jurisdiction. If the amount paid is equal to or more than the 6% VT Tax rate, no additional tax will be due."
HopGarage is offline   Reply With Quote