Old 06-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #231

Oh, the places you'll go!

Hey everyone I said to myself I would post any luck and so here goes,
2000 bluebird, 29k gvwr
I live on the road now, license is Alabama and I'm in Tennessee currently..
I went online to Vermont dmv site and downloaded their form for registration. I opened it and typed in my information, then printed.
I included a bill of sale and title (copies)
Went to post office and got a money order.
Mailed to them certified.
All from Tennessee!
Two weeks from the day they got it, I had two beautiful tags at the local post office in Tennessee ready for my pickup under general delivery!
Stickers mailed separately.
$188.00 two years registration!
Boom.
Psilicybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #232
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Glad to hear it Psilicy!
Old 06-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #233

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Model: International or Bluebird

So thankful I found this forum thread - we've been given a complete dead end with the state of Georgia for getting tags, title, registration, ANYTHING that doesn't say commercial school bus. I guess I'm not the only one having a difficult time with GA. Our city code enforcement has been coming around, telling us we cannot keep the bus in our driveway unless we can get it titled as a personal RV instead of a commercial vehicle, so we've been scrambling to try to get something figured out. If it's not parked in the driveway, there's no way we'll ever finish it! We will try this route and see how it goes.

One question - The body of my bus is a Bluebird, but it's built with an International engine. I see a lot of folks who have posted in this thread use Bluebird as the Model, but our current title has International as the model. Which should I use on the VT form?
BellaBus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:20 PM   #234
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBus5 View Post
One question - The body of my bus is a Bluebird, but it's built with an International engine. I see a lot of folks who have posted in this thread use Bluebird as the Model, but our current title has International as the model. Which should I use on the VT form?
I don't think it'd make a difference but I'd go with Bluebird for the make and International for the model, no? I'd imagine they'd correct it based on your VIN in any case.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:34 AM   #235

It will be inte for model and trk for body type if you're converting bluebird bus to international rv
Psilicybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:51 PM   #236
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Chassis: Thomas
Got my plates a while back. Registration in last week. A check in today because I over paid. Title is supposed to be coming soon. Registration says MH. 😁

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
aridgedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:07 AM   #237
Almost There

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: IC3S530
Rated Cap: 41
Took the plunge

Finally. In order to provide some useful intel I sprang for overnight delivery. I will let you know if there is a time bonus or penalty related to it. Thanks to warewolf and all the helpful skoolies that make this thread the skoolie-hack of the century!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #238
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: New Flyer
Chassis: D45HF "Viking"
Engine: 11.1L Detroit Diesel S60
Rated Cap: 51,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyDee View Post
I went the Progressive Commercial web site route for a quote. Sat on it for a number of weeks, then my wife got fed up and took over and called Progressive Commercial to purchase. So far everything is good, but my wife did let it slip that the bus was going to be converted. The actual cost of the insurance was about 2/3rds of the website quote (complete shocker). However, I'm now on edge that I'll get the dreaded "sorry we are cancelling your insurance" call/letter. I'll let you all know if/when it happens....
So far, so good. No call or letter, and its been almost a month.
MarkyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #239
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
So far, so good. No call or letter, and its been almost a month.
I have one titled as an MH, the other as a Bus and progressive hasnt cancelled me.. in fact just last month I renewed for another year.. full coverage on both busses.. i figured theyd Kick me for the one titled as MH but they havent.. maybe here in the midwest the laws are different.. ohio and indiana are NOT no-fault states.. perhaps that has a bearing on what they will and wont insure in other states..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #240

Quote:
I went the Progressive Commercial web site route for a quote. Sat on it for a number of weeks, then my wife got fed up and took over and called Progressive Commercial to purchase. So far everything is good, but my wife did let it slip that the bus was going to be converted. The actual cost of the insurance was about 2/3rds of the website quote (complete shocker). However, I'm now on edge that I'll get the dreaded "sorry we are cancelling your insurance" call/letter. I'll let you all know if/when it happens....

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
So what happens if you are quoted as a regular bus and then convert and something happens? Or if they find out you have converted? How are you/people getting around this?
Thanks,
Rollbar is offline   Reply With Quote