Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #621
Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: IC FE 9 Window
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 29850
OK,

Title arrived today, Vermont form, letter, money-order and title sent today...

---time for waiting---

Can you see if a USPS money order has been cashed?

As a side note: They sent me all the maintenance records with parts use etc. >>> The school district gets Dunlop 11R22.5 tires for $360ea!

PeteinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #622
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
I want that deal for tires! Cheaper than some car tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteinSF View Post
OK,

Title arrived today, Vermont form, letter, money-order and title sent today...

---time for waiting---

Can you see if a USPS money order has been cashed?

As a side note: They sent me all the maintenance records with parts use etc. >>> The school district gets Dunlop 11R22.5 tires for $360ea!
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:13 PM   #623
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: NaviStar DT466e 7.6
Rated Cap: 29,000
Quote:
Thanks NeuSkoo,

In reading back through this long thread, it seems hit and miss on if the applicant gets MH or BU. I'll just have to see what I get back and if it's BU just loop back until it's right.

Congratulations on the plates!
My plates were sent back to me with the registration marked "BU". I called to inquire why, it's because I indicated the color as "yellow". Apparently your bus cannot remain yellow in order to become a "MH". I'm not advocating for any nefarious activity but there's really no way for them to verify what color your bus is, just so long as it's not yellow. Just a heads up for any future attemptees.
XBUNCEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #624
Mini-Skoolie

Where does yours say BU? Under "Body/Hull or under "Model"? Mine is under Body/Hull and my model is "TK"

I too put yellow, but nowhere on the title does it state the color of the bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBUNCEX View Post
My plates were sent back to me with the registration marked "BU". I called to inquire why, it's because I indicated the color as "yellow". Apparently your bus cannot remain yellow in order to become a "MH". I'm not advocating for any nefarious activity but there's really no way for them to verify what color your bus is, just so long as it's not yellow. Just a heads up for any future attemptees.
NeuSkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:02 AM   #625
Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: IC FE 9 Window
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 29850
Thanks XBUNCEX,

Very useful information for the group.... Thankfully I used "RED" on the form as that will be the actual color as an MH...

Can't wait to see what happens.
PeteinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:38 PM   #626
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuSkoo View Post
Check the beginning of my tutorial a few post above. Post #606
The tutorial you used to write your own tutorial is still active, accurate, updated when needed, and is Post #1 on this thread. Please reference the original. You plagiarized my tutorial step by step and posted it elsewhere on the internet ... not cool. Your embellishments are also inaccurate. A) You don't need to mail in any proof of insurance to Vermont for the registration of any vehicle. Ever. It's one of the many benefits of registering vehicles in Vermont. B) When calculating VT sales tax, or when calculating any tax, you do not multiple the purchase price x .6, you multiply the the purchase price by .06. .6 = 60%, .06=6%.

Quote:
You will get another document from Vermont that will take the place of a title.
You will receive a transferable registration because Vermont doesn't title any vehicle over 15 years. It is effectively the same thing but it's used to prove ownership AND to prove registration. This is stated in the original write-up.

Quote:
By accident, I mailed a COPY of the bill of sale and not the original. It worked out for me.
If you had carefully read the original instructions that you ripped off, you wouldn't have made that mistake. I'm not butt hurt over it or anything but I've put a lot of time into maintaining this thread and if you're going to plagiarize at least post the correct information.

Unrelated, Vermont DMV is currently at a 3 - 4 week turn around door to door on both plates and registration. Seems they're all caught up after the system change and things are running more smoothly now.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:52 PM   #627
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Coachwork: ICCORP
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 16
Quote:
Thanks XBUNCEX,

Very useful information for the group.... Thankfully I used "RED" on the form as that will be the actual color as an MH...

Can't wait to see what happens.
My registration was received by VT DMV today. It will be interesting to compare our titles/registrations once we get them back - I left the color as YELLOW. Should have changed it but oh well...
Old 10-29-2018, 04:54 PM   #628
Bus Geek

How are you able to update post #1?

I agree copying to another forum would be shady, did that really happen?
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:11 PM   #629
Bus Nut

I assumed because of the formatting that it was copied and pasted from his personal blog "first skoolie" blog but it's weird to repost it on the thread at all.

"UPDATE: Per the moderator of this forum, this thread will be kept updated with the most recent information based on member experiences. Registration costs increase by a few dollars every now and then so check for yourself before sending out your money."

Should have been more specific and said "this post will be kept updated", but hey, I just changed that

It now reads:

"UPDATE: Per the moderator of this forum, this post will be kept updated with the most recent information based on member experiences. Registration costs increase by a few dollars every now and then so check for yourself before sending out your money."

Bansil, site admin, enables me to update the original tutorial when necessary so folks aren't wasting time and money writing checks with outdated information.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:13 PM   #630
Mini-Skoolie

I apologise, I'm new to this. The post is in this same thread.

I don't feel I have plagiarized your post due to the fact that I typed everything from what I did from memory and didn't copy and paste anything from anywhere. I have however, posted what I did to get things accomplished.

There may be a typo or two, but nothing to be hurt about.

Thanks for the corrections.

Lessons learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolff View Post
The tutorial you used to write your own tutorial is still active, accurate, updated when needed, and is Post #1 on this thread. Please reference the original. You plagiarized my tutorial step by step and posted it elsewhere on the internet ... not cool. Your embellishments are also inaccurate. A) You don't need to mail in any proof of insurance to Vermont for the registration of any vehicle. Ever. It's one of the many benefits of registering vehicles in Vermont. B) When calculating VT sales tax, or when calculating any tax, you do not multiple the purchase price x .6, you multiply the the purchase price by .06. .6 = 60%, .06=6%.

You will receive a transferable registration because Vermont doesn't title any vehicle over 15 years. It is effectively the same thing but it's used to prove ownership AND to prove registration. This is stated in the original write-up.

If you had carefully read the original instructions that you ripped off, you wouldn't have made that mistake. I'm not butt hurt over it or anything but I've put a lot of time into maintaining this thread and if you're going to plagiarize at least post the correct information.

Unrelated, Vermont DMV is currently at a 3 - 4 week turn around door to door on both plates and registration. Seems they're all caught up after the system change and things are running more smoothly now.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:14 PM   #631
Bus Geek

Good to know, and yes that wording is more clear.

Maybe put at the top, "date last updated Oct 29 2018"
Old 10-29-2018, 05:20 PM   #632
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Maybe put at the top, "date last updated Oct 29 2018"
Done.

Quote:
I apologise, I'm new to this.
No worries, welcome to Skoolie and congrats on your bus purchase. It's exciting for all of us. I would've greeted you under New Members but life is hectic (buying a house) and this is the only thread I'm currently subscribed to.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:29 PM   #633
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Done.

No worries, welcome to Skoolie and congrats on your bus purchase. It's exciting for all of us. I would've greeted you under New Members but life is hectic (buying a house) and this is the only thread I'm currently subscribed to.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm so new that I didn't know there is a new member section.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:21 AM   #634
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2008
Coachwork: Goshen, GMC
Chassis: C5500
Engine: 6.6 Duramax
Rated Cap: More than 1
Ok, I have been lurking for a while I have read alot of this thread and I promise to go back and introduce myself properly but I am too excited.
I have purchased my bus about a week ago and I am ready to register her.
I will be following the directions put forth to register as a motorhome in Vermont. My question, I think, is relatively simple.
Can I do this in person at the DMV in Vermont? Does anyone have experience in person at the DMV in Vermont? Will I cause myself unnecessary questions from the DMV? Will I receive plates on the spot?
Thank you all for the help. This forum is a blessing.
B.Rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:53 AM   #635
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Rubble View Post
Ok, I have been lurking for a while I have read alot of this thread and I promise to go back and introduce myself properly but I am too excited.
I have purchased my bus about a week ago and I am ready to register her.
I will be following the directions put forth to register as a motorhome in Vermont. My question, I think, is relatively simple.
Can I do this in person at the DMV in Vermont? Does anyone have experience in person at the DMV in Vermont? Will I cause myself unnecessary questions from the DMV? Will I receive plates on the spot?
Thank you all for the help. This forum is a blessing.
You'll be fine doing it in person at Vermont. They wont ask questions and you'll leave the same day with plates and registration. Make sure you tell them your bus is no longer yellow. I was in and out last time in under 20 minutes.
warewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:13 AM   #636
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
You'll be fine doing it in person at Vermont. They wont ask questions and you'll leave the same day with plates and registration. Make sure you tell them your bus is no longer yellow. I was in and out last time in under 20 minutes.
WOW... Super excited about this. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Probably going for the trip tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:15 AM   #637
Bus Geek

But if you stay in state with RV reg, or re-enter later on,

they will enforce the inspection requirement.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:22 AM   #638
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
But if you stay in state with RV reg, or re-enter later on,

they will enforce the inspection requirement.
Most of my time will be out of Vermont. If and when I do head into Vermont, I am aware of the necessity of inspection. I thank you.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:24 PM   #639
Mini-Skoolie

IT WORKED... Holy crap, it worked. Only thing different for me is I have to get a VIN verification. The very nice lady at the DMV told me I could have a New York state law enforcement officer complete the VIN verification and mail the paperwork back in. My registration is active for 60days. once my VIN verification is mailed back to VT my registration will be 100% good to go. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_151931.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	26938
Old 10-31-2018, 06:53 AM   #640
Mini-Skoolie

I thank you all for the assistance in acquiring these plates...Now the build can really get going. The efforts that this group of people have put in for random like minded individuals is staggering. I wish you all the best and a tremendous thanks.