Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Confused. I thought "tags" was just slang for license plates? What other meaning does tags have?
The yearly expiration sticker is considered a "Tag". You have a plate and a tag.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #702
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2008
Coachwork: Goshen, GMC
Chassis: C5500
Engine: 6.6 Duramax
Rated Cap: More than 1
Got a question for everyone with Vermont registrations. Have you ever been questioned by any law officer about a inspection sticker while traveling outside of Vermont? I don't plan on speeding or drawing attention in general, just would like to know your past experiences. If any. I have legal VT registration but have not road tripped to get inspected yet.
B.Rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #703
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
The yearly expiration sticker is considered a "Tag". You have a plate and a tag.
Aha thanks, haven't yet registered in a state that used such stickers
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #704
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Rubble View Post
questioned by any law officer about a inspection sticker while traveling outside of Vermont
The requirements for **any** inspection process vary wildly not only between states, but at the local level within many states.

I find it hard to believe the issue would come up with a LEO outside the state of registration.

If it did, answering "in this case Vermont does not have an inspection requirement" would be a perfectly truthful answer.

"This vehicle has been around here long enough you must register locally" is really the only legal Achilles' heel I can see.

No such problem for those constantly moving between states of course, but a big one potentially for those staying put, taking a long time to finish their conversion.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #705
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
The requirements for **any** inspection process vary wildly not only between states, but at the local level within many states.

I find it hard to believe the issue would come up with a LEO outside the state of registration.

If it did, answering "in this case Vermont does not have an inspection requirement" would be a perfectly truthful answer.

"This vehicle has been around here long enough you must register locally" is really the only legal Achilles' heel I can see.

No such problem for those constantly moving between states of course, but a big one potentially for those staying put, taking a long time to finish their conversion.
Much appreciated, and agreed. I am parked on private property 99% of the time. We travel sporadically. I'm not worried about the locals at all. They are a decent bunch. I also agree that it shouldn't even come up. I like to be prepared. Inspection is the best solution, but I'm lazy...LMAO... Thank you.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:35 PM   #706
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:

"Th
I love this, This is what will make me feel ok about it.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #707
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Rubble View Post
I love this, This is what will make me feel ok about it.
Except it's bullshit. Vermont does have an inspection requirement and I think it's 14 days.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:00 PM   #708
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolff View Post
Except it's bullshit. Vermont does have an inspection requirement and I think it's 14 days.
Ignorance for the law is not an excuse. I understand the states requirements. However, if the proper verbage used in a situation gets me out of the inconvenience of a citation, I'm ok with it.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:01 PM   #709
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolff View Post
Only if the vehicle is **in Vermont**.

Otherwise they would just lapse the rego when the deadline has passed, easy peasy, just means flipping a bit in the database and the vehicle becomes illegal and uninsured nationwide.

Fact they don't do that, fact you can even do what this thread is about in the first place, shows they don't care.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #710
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
its amazing vermont issues tags for non residents in the first place.. they must use the DMV as a cash cow..

I couldnt even get a florida tag or florida parking permit when I had a real verifiable residence in the state... since my driver license wasnt florida they wouldnt issue me anything... ohio is the same way.. vermont is unusual it seems..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote